I just posted a new version of Lackey, build date 04-11-12. Post bugs here.

Started by Trevor, April 11, 2012, 09:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotDomo

I see. I just noticed the sound changed to a really annoying one and made assumptions on what happened.

Trevor

Quote from: NotDomo on July 18, 2012, 01:47:23 PM
I see. I just noticed the sound changed to a really annoying one and made assumptions on what happened.
If it bothers you, you can:
Disable all sound.
Disable just the shuffling sound.
Put in your own shuffling sound you prefer.

TriOpticon

I think there may be a bug in LackeyCCG as I am having trouble with downloading these plugins through the plugin finder:

Vanguard (http://sites.google.com/site/triggercheck/vanguard/updatelist.txt) doesn't automatically update.  You can manually install it but when going through LackeyCCG, I get Error: timed out while updating the plugin.  But when I put the URL into my browser it asks me to download the updatelist.txt which comes down fine.

Hybrid (http://sites.google.com/site/tacticalcardgames/projecthybrid/updatelist.txt) doesn't update.  Same as Vanguard, though, I get Error: timed out while updating the plugin.  But when I put the URL into my browser it asks me to download the updatelist.txt which comes down fine.

For both of these, the error message comes back immediately.  There was another plugin that times out in my browser and in LackeyCCG and LackeyCCG took several seconds before stating it times out.

It just seems odd that both plugins use sites.google.com and the error of timing out comes back immediately.

If this isn't a bug, let me know and I will delete the post.

Thanks.

Trevor

Quote from: TriOpticon on August 01, 2012, 07:58:42 AM
I think there may be a bug in LackeyCCG as I am having trouble with downloading these plugins through the plugin finder:

Vanguard (http://sites.google.com/site/triggercheck/vanguard/updatelist.txt) doesn't automatically update.  You can manually install it but when going through LackeyCCG, I get Error: timed out while updating the plugin.  But when I put the URL into my browser it asks me to download the updatelist.txt which comes down fine.

Hybrid (http://sites.google.com/site/tacticalcardgames/projecthybrid/updatelist.txt) doesn't update.  Same as Vanguard, though, I get Error: timed out while updating the plugin.  But when I put the URL into my browser it asks me to download the updatelist.txt which comes down fine.

For both of these, the error message comes back immediately.  There was another plugin that times out in my browser and in LackeyCCG and LackeyCCG took several seconds before stating it times out.

It just seems odd that both plugins use sites.google.com and the error of timing out comes back immediately.

If this isn't a bug, let me know and I will delete the post.

Thanks.
This is not a lackey bug. Google hosts its files in an indirect way and some forms of hosting files beyond regular hosting of files is not supported.

Trevor

Quote from: Johnny Blaze on August 01, 2012, 10:48:53 PM
are we getting closer to a new update..?
There are a lot of new things in the next version and I am developing it in lock-step with the iPad version.

carapippino

hi trevor,

a friend of mine noticed me of a curious bug in the plugin i created (containing 2000+cards): only 1 makes crush the lackey when you pass with the mouse over its line in deck editor.
It probably is a plugin error more than a program one, just asking if u can point me to some logical solution to resolve it

thank you in advance

edit: resolved. the mentioned card has a text too much long (probably an overflow)?  is it possible to high this limit for the next versions?
thanks

Trevor

Quote from: carapippino on August 10, 2012, 10:25:27 AM
hi trevor,

a friend of mine noticed me of a curious bug in the plugin i created (containing 2000+cards): only 1 makes crush the lackey when you pass with the mouse over its line in deck editor.
It probably is a plugin error more than a program one, just asking if u can point me to some logical solution to resolve it

thank you in advance

edit: resolved. the mentioned card has a text too much long (probably an overflow)?  is it possible to high this limit for the next versions?
thanks
What was the card name that caused the issue?

Flammia

The /playerA statB + N command doesn't seem to work properly on this build. I'm new, so I don't know if it's an issue with this build specifically, or if it's been a long-term issue. Specifically, /playerA statB = N works, but when you try to use any operator other than =, it doesn't recognize the change, and just sets the value as if you had used =.

So...

/playerA statB + N
/playerA statB - N
/playerA statB * N

... are all bugged.

steason

i keep getting disconnect from server whole night(morning have lesser dc), how to find out the problem from? . i'm not even hosting game, just join .

Snotz

Here's an interesting bug.  Make a plugin containing 20,000 cards or more will crash LackeyCCG.  Why 20,000?  I'm a programmer and these seems like an odd number.

Trevor

Quote from: Snotz on January 13, 2013, 11:15:14 PM
Here's an interesting bug.  Make a plugin containing 20,000 cards or more will crash LackeyCCG.  Why 20,000?  I'm a programmer and these seems like an odd number.
i may have put a limit like that in, but what plugin would have more than 20,000 cards?

Saethori

Quote from: Trevor on February 21, 2013, 05:16:42 PMi may have put a limit like that in, but what plugin would have more than 20,000 cards?
For comparative purposes, the Magic: the Gathering plugin (most likely the most common plugin used with Lackey) is sitting at 18,596 card entries. At the rate sets are being released, this plugin will most likely breach the 20k card limit sometime in 2014, maybe sooner if the current maintainer adds missing side-sets.

I kind of doubt any other plugin will come too close to the limit anytime soon, though.

yunari

- Toggle full screen does not work
- when lackey run for the first time windows move to position where user could not reach top menu. made them unable to do anything at all. Because alt->space->M to move command in windows does not work here. I worked around by rotate screen to move them back to proper position. But that should not be default value. please make sure when lackey launch top menu must display on screen.
- Autosave windows size seem working right now except on deck editor area which is not need to be done if it work properly.
problem like now is it won't right now.

As you see most data got truncated badly. Default column width should be longest string in those column data. unless those field name contain "text" which usually too long. leave them share rest space together in that case.
- Windows size have been reset after user switch to another plugin and switch back to previos plugin
- menu hide in chat area is totally useless because it hide nothing. chat area remain the same.  I think it should better move all hide icon to right area so we could do as right area menu without leave icon to interfere with the text.
- Screen resize aspect ratio is working okay but resize method made text too difficult to read. I prefer bilinear filtering over nearest neighbour for this.
while original size is perfectly crisp that made me don't want to resize it. If lackey could resize image that is good enough to read while I could view full image when I want it should be best of both world.

- sound and script are appear on plugin data while sound tag work fine with old lackey. and script tag that should be used in this plugin also appear here. could you tell me hot to use script in this version so I could test them.
- After deactivated search data, reactivate them don't work. user have to type something to search string to make them work again.

- When typing lackey see Left/right ALT to space and menu to n

- Font size for number token are too small to readable and I can't find anywhere to adjust font size for this.

-when typing with non qwerty keyboard something weird seem to appear again. I have to investigate which cause them first before reporting it.

Trevor

Quote from: yunari on April 22, 2013, 04:00:06 PM
- Toggle full screen does not work
- when lackey run for the first time windows move to position where user could not reach top menu. made them unable to do anything at all. Because alt->space->M to move command in windows does not work here. I worked around by rotate screen to move them back to proper position. But that should not be default value. please make sure when lackey launch top menu must display on screen.
- Autosave windows size seem working right now except on deck editor area which is not need to be done if it work properly.
problem like now is it won't right now.

As you see most data got truncated badly. Default column width should be longest string in those column data. unless those field name contain "text" which usually too long. leave them share rest space together in that case.
- Windows size have been reset after user switch to another plugin and switch back to previos plugin
- menu hide in chat area is totally useless because it hide nothing. chat area remain the same.  I think it should better move all hide icon to right area so we could do as right area menu without leave icon to interfere with the text.
- Screen resize aspect ratio is working okay but resize method made text too difficult to read. I prefer bilinear filtering over nearest neighbour for this.
while original size is perfectly crisp that made me don't want to resize it. If lackey could resize image that is good enough to read while I could view full image when I want it should be best of both world.

- sound and script are appear on plugin data while sound tag work fine with old lackey. and script tag that should be used in this plugin also appear here. could you tell me hot to use script in this version so I could test them.
- After deactivated search data, reactivate them don't work. user have to type something to search string to make them work again.

- When typing lackey see Left/right ALT to space and menu to n

- Font size for number token are too small to readable and I can't find anywhere to adjust font size for this.

-when typing with non qwerty keyboard something weird seem to appear again. I have to investigate which cause them first before reporting it.
This should have been posted in http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=1982.0
Thanks for the bug report. I will investigate these. Already fixed the quick search field issues.