News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Plugin not working

Started by squirrelfiend, August 01, 2012, 01:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirrelfiend

Hello everyone. Not sure if this is the right forum to post to. If not, I apologize. I've been making a plugin (currently in its infancy), but it won't open. I have compared my plugininfo.txt to other plugins, have my carddata.txt properly set up (or so I think), but it won't work. I was wondering if anyone could figure out the main issue and fix it, or at least let me know how to fix it. I made it before and got it to work, but I lost it when my computer died and I forgot to back it up. Here it is: https://sites.google.com/site/alextapesong/Home/agone.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Any help would be great. :D

Nava

I just checked your files; I found 2 errors in plugininfo.txt. If you change (note the ? instead of >)

<gamezone>
   <label>Hand</label?

to

<gamezone>
<label>Hand</label>

and

</gamezone>

<label>Graveyard</label>

to (note the omitted <gamezone> tag before the graveyard declaration)

</gamezone>
<gamezone>
<label>Graveyard</label>

Your plugin should load and work...

squirrelfiend

Thanks for the suggestions. Tried it out, but still no luck. Anyone else have any ideas?

EDIT: Uploaded the current version of the plugin, so people can see what I've fixed and offer more accurate help in the future:

https://sites.google.com/site/alextapesong/Home/agone.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Thanks to everyone who helps!

Trevor

If your plugininfo.txt doesn't load, just have its contents be <plugin></plugin> and then incrementally add things until it stops. Then you will know where the error is.

Nava

I think you may have saved your files as .rtf instead of .txt; so control characters might garble your files. Open them and save them as plain text (esp. plugininfo.txt)

squirrelfiend

Hey everyone, thanks for all your suggestions. However, nothing I've tried has been able to make this plugin work.

I attempted making a plugininfo.txt containing just <plugin></plugin> , but when I try to load it, I just get a "plugin not found" error. Any idea what could be causing that? Any help would be great. I'm starting to get frustrated over what should be a very fun experience, since nothing is better than playing a good game. Any help at this point would be great. Thanks again for all the support so far!

Trevor

To get a plugin working, as the tutorial states, you need 2 things:

1. A valid plugininfo.txt file, which is a plain text file named exactly "plugininfo.txt", which can have as its contents as little as "<plugin></plugin>"

2. A card back image, named exactly "cardback.jpg".

And both of those need to be in the right place. There are multiple possible acceptable places, but 2 of them are:
plugins/PLUGINNAME/plugininfo.txt
plugins/PLUGINNAME/sets/setimages/general/cardback.jpg

Use a plain text editor.

If you can't get that to work, post a link to the actual files, NOT copy/pastes of them as that can ibscure errors.

squirrelfiend

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I had included the cardback.jpg and had them in the proper places when it failed to work. I'm going to try it again and see if there's any luck, and I'll make sure to report back and post the files I'm working with. Thanks for all the help so far, guys.

Aringon

I got your plugin to work after messing with some things. I opened the plugininfo.txt in Notepad++ and there was a bunch of random characters in there for some reason. After I deleted them everything worked. For some reason there were a bunch of \ characters and other code in there. I also deleted all the .DS_Store files. I don't know if that helped though. If you want me to upload the fixed version just ask.

Trevor

Quote from: Aringon on August 06, 2012, 10:34:20 PM
I got your plugin to work after messing with some things. I opened the plugininfo.txt in Notepad++ and there was a bunch of random characters in there for some reason. After I deleted them everything worked. For some reason there were a bunch of \ characters and other code in there. I also deleted all the .DS_Store files. I don't know if that helped though. If you want me to upload the fixed version just ask.
.DS_Store files are harmless (but also useless).

Aringon

Quote from: Trevor on August 08, 2012, 01:39:30 PM
.DS_Store files are harmless (but also useless).

Which is why I deleted them.