I need help making a plugin for a miniatures game

Started by Paradox, April 24, 2012, 04:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox

Hello Lackeyccg forums. I have made a mlp miniatures game that is currently playable over maptool but I want to move it to lackeyccg for its superior ability to connect to players over a lobby system rather than direct ip addresses (which typically requires hamachi or port forwarding). I however, have no idea how to do this :( I have created a game board as an image:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us and the art assets for the tokens representing the figures and their associated cards to show their statistics and artwork, as can be seen in this screenshot from the maptool version: http://dash.ponychan.net/chan/files/src/133519222372.jpg

I would like to make a plugin for lackeyccg that allows people to play this game online and move tokens around the board that represent the characters, and when moused over their card shows up. Is there a way to do this?

Trevor

The Lackey grid is squares, not a honeycomb of hexagons. This isn't a problem though. The solution is to just make the grid size small. Then you can put the card anywhere you want. You can play around with these plugininfo.txt settings:

<definition><kind>GLOBALTABLEITEMSCALE</kind><value>0.7</value></definition>
<definition><kind>GRIDSIZE</kind><value>.25</value></definition>

GLOBALTABLEITEMSCALE must be greater than or equal to .2 and less than or equal to 3.
GRIDSIZE must be greater than or equal to .009 and less than or equal to 1.1.

Paradox

Hmm now when you say <definition><kind>GLOBALTABLEITEMSCALE</kind><value>0.7</value></definition>

do I keep the <Definition>, <kind>, globaltableitem scale,etc. the same and only change the numerical values?

Trevor

Quote from: Paradox on April 24, 2012, 07:41:52 AM
Hmm now when you say <definition><kind>GLOBALTABLEITEMSCALE</kind><value>0.7</value></definition>

do I keep the <Definition>, <kind>, globaltableitem scale,etc. the same and only change the numerical values?
You change the number.