News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Help with (non-CCG) card game

Started by Feral Fantom, May 07, 2012, 01:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feral Fantom

Hello, I am designing a card game (not a CCG) and have decded to make a lackey plugin for it, mainly for my own playtesting purposes.

I had some questions about ways to implement things.

First off, there are no player decks, there is one main common deck which is drawn from. This deck should always have one of each card. I also need a deck or something like a deck available to everyone, has one copy of each card, and allows people to take cards from it and put them in play in their control, but not deplete the deck of that card.

I also am trying to figure out how to implement a key mechanic. Each card is a body part and are played together to make a creature. I am hoping to either be able to have clearly defined areas to put the cards so it is clear which ones are together as one reature, and also an area for the one in progress creature allowed. I also thought of making the parts go into a stack, but the stack would need to enable easy inspection of each card in it.

I am going to try and use the tutorial to figure this stuff out but help of course would be very appreciated

Feral Fantom

Ok I think I have the displaying/organizing creatures thing figured out, but still wonder is there a way to make a separate section on the table? assuming its possible to change the table image for the game itself I could make it divided off in the image itself.

MLaRF

You can use an image as a playing mat for your game by making a jpg file (usually 800*600 but I'm going to test 1280*720) and putting it in LackeyCCG\images\backgrounds. As for the thing where you don't deplete the deck, maybe each player has a copy of the main deck that they search for and obtain their copy of the drawn card?

Trevor

Quote from: Feral Fantom on May 07, 2012, 01:03:06 AM
Hello, I am designing a card game (not a CCG) and have decded to make a lackey plugin for it, mainly for my own playtesting purposes.

I had some questions about ways to implement things.

First off, there are no player decks, there is one main common deck which is drawn from. This deck should always have one of each card. I also need a deck or something like a deck available to everyone, has one copy of each card, and allows people to take cards from it and put them in play in their control, but not deplete the deck of that card.

I also am trying to figure out how to implement a key mechanic. Each card is a body part and are played together to make a creature. I am hoping to either be able to have clearly defined areas to put the cards so it is clear which ones are together as one reature, and also an area for the one in progress creature allowed. I also thought of making the parts go into a stack, but the stack would need to enable easy inspection of each card in it.

I am going to try and use the tutorial to figure this stuff out but help of course would be very appreciated
You want a shared deck zone for the main deck. I think the FF Lord of the Rings plugin is an example of that.

For the "deck" you can take cards from and have the deck be replenished, I think you want to do that by making cards tokens. Tokens appear in the token list that is to the right of the play table. Alternatively, you can just use the log command "/spawn CARDNAME".

For the placement of cards as creature parts, I suggest doing it the straight-forward way. Put them on the table in such a way that implies whatever relationship you want them to have, the same as you would do with real cards. If you want, you can make a table playmat, but you don't need to.