News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Client cannot seem to connect

Started by dacis2, May 03, 2012, 06:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dacis2

I have the latest client version and I can play with my friends using direct IP connections, but I cannot connect to the game server, nor can I use the Plugin Finder and so on. I've already given the program access through Windows Firewall, and I've done all the port forwarding (I can host for my friends). Any idea what's wrong?

Trevor

What country are you in? Are you in a private residence? There may be a firewall that you aren't aware of.

Try clearing your internet cache?

dacis2

I'm in Singapore and I'm in a private residence. Clearing my cache has had no effect.

I did a few more tests, the updater works, and the client can download missing card images, but it timeouts when trying to download serverlist.txt and pluginfinder.txt

Trevor

Quote from: dacis2 on May 03, 2012, 09:10:10 AM
I'm in Singapore and I'm in a private residence. Clearing my cache has had no effect.

I did a few more tests, the updater works, and the client can download missing card images, but it timeouts when trying to download serverlist.txt and pluginfinder.txt
I'm not sure if you were one of them, but 2 other people from singapore reported something similar. That country may have a government level firewall of some sort.

dacis2

I doubt it's a firewall (unless it has really strange rules), it's probably some strangeness on my ISP's side. Your site loads extremely slowly when I don't use its proxy server, which I also encounter with certain other sites. Thanks anyway

hui922

hello, i was the one of them that contacted you, my friend managed to connect to the server , but only sometimes he could.|

Here's one of the issue, it seems like i have connected to the server but i couldnt view the rooms because my name is already registered again, i tried all sorts of name but everytime the 2nd try i got my name already registered.

[12:30:50]   Attempting to connect to server...
[12:31:40]   Your connection to the server seems to have been severed.
[12:31:40]   You are now disconnected from the server.
[12:32:17]   Attempting to connect to server...
[12:32:19]   Your requested name is currently in use so you cannot use it. Either register your name, or try again in 50 seconds.
[12:32:19]   You are now disconnected from the server.
[12:32:36]   Attempting to connect to server...
[12:33:26]   Your connection to the server seems to have been severed.
[12:33:26]   You are now disconnected from the server.
[12:33:30]   Attempting to connect to server...
[12:33:31]   Your requested name is currently in use so you cannot use it. Either register your name, or try again in 50 seconds.
[12:33:32]   You are now disconnected from the server.
[12:33:53]   Attempting to connect to server...
[12:33:55]   Your requested name is currently in use so you cannot use it. Either register your name, or try again in 50 seconds.
[12:33:55]   You are now disconnected from the server.
[12:34:02]   Attempting to connect to server...
[12:34:04]   Your requested name is currently in use so you cannot use it. Either register your name, or try again in 50 seconds.
[12:34:04]   You are now disconnected from the server.
[12:37:13]   Attempting to connect to

hui922

My friend manage to get connected by doing this procedure, hope it helps you .

1.Get hotspotshield
2.Turn off firewalls
3.Restart your comp (make sure your firewalls are still off)
4.On hotspotshield
5.On lackey updater
6.connect to the server