News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Berserk TCG (based on Kentaro Miura manga)

Started by ThraKhrom, May 25, 2012, 05:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThraKhrom

I have just started to create a lackeyccg plugin of the Berserk Trading Card Game from Konami that is based on the manga of the same name by Kentaro Miura. I have already created an entry for the game at boardgamegeek (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/125444/berserk-trading-card-game) and am now creating the cardlist file (162 of 450 cards are done). I own 127 of the 160 cards from volume 1, all 64 of volume 2 and 61 of 64 from volume 3. I have none of the cards from volumes 4 and 5 but I do have a complete Japanese list so I can create the complete cardlist. I found a couple of images on the net but still require about 40% of the card images overall. Any help there would be appreciated. I already submitted a compilation of the rule book in English to boardgamegeek for those who are interested, though it may take a while to go live. The cardlist will include only translated text but I do not yet now, if there is a way of implementing it without having to modify the image files...

A preliminary version is now done which includes the data for all 160 cards from volume 1 plus the 2 different city cards. There's only images for 3 cards so far and I really don't know how to properly set up the common zone with the face down city cards. Help appreciated. You can find a zip file with the plugin including my rules compilation here: www.florianlau.de/beruseruku.zip
I named the plugin beruseruku to avoid confusion with the Russian Berserk TCG.

Drem

Good stuff! I'm looking forward to the English rule book. I happened across some Berserk TCG card scans a couple of months ago; I'll see if I can find more. It's rather old and doesn't seem it was very popular so I'm sure finding them is probably quite difficult.

As for the card text translation, you can view card text that you've written in the card database (the database is usually written in an Excel spreadsheet and copied into a tab-delimited text file) by holding the tilde key while hovering over the card or by selecting the option to always show the card text (though this can cover most of the card image with a text box). This lets you see the card text even if the image isn't translated and I think is how most people play non-English games on Lackey (Weiss Schwarz, Rumbling Spell Orchestra, Cardfight!! Vanguard, etc.).

Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing what this game is like.