1 (100%)
Keep the lower quality english versions
0 (0%)
Or do both!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

AuraDragon

Oh?  What kind of reactions?

It's too bad that the older sets are in alphabetical order and not card number order.

RisTigger

Yes it is annoying. Also, the dash doesn't show up on the card text in Lackey so I don't know how it will react to the card images and set.

AuraDragon

It works fine in the set names and images names of cards, I've already done a test, and so have you with "The Over-Technocross".

Also the sets have some inconsistencies between the English (TCG) and Japanese (OCG) versions.  For example; Gran Gure, Space Guardian is card number 1 in the Japanese version while it's card number 5 in the English version, and some cards are replaced entirely, such as Brain Serum which is exclusively in the English version of the Base Set and it doesn't show up until the 18th set in the Japanese version.

The original plugin uses the English contents, but the Japanese set names (no "Evo-Crushinators of Doom" here, just "Master of Evolution").

RisTigger

Do you want me to save the images with the new names or are you doing that?

AuraDragon

I already have all the images with names like Dm1-1, you don't need to change the images you have, just the imagefile names in the sets.  I'm trying to use Excel to sort these sets by card number, and it's starting to work, but isn't completely working yet.

RisTigger

I just sort everything first and then in the imagefile column I put in Dm10-1 and then drag it down and it does all the numbering for me.

AuraDragon

Sort everything as in sorting all the cards by cardnumber manually!?  That's what I'm trying to avoid because I'm, y'know, lazy.

RisTigger

I've been trying to find a way to do that, no luck so far. If you find a way please tell me!

RisTigger

I did it...I DID IT! Okay simple, get the list of all the cards in the set off of the wiki, go to word and get rid of all the numbers with replace. Past the list of cards into excel and put their card numbers next to them. Then sort the cards in alphabetical order and just paste the rest of the card information and there you go! I win! I am the laziest ev ah screw it.

Also a lot of these sets are...confused. Many of them are named with set names that don't exist.

AuraDragon

I managed to sort the cards by cardnumber.  Here's how I did it:

First I went to http://duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/DM-01_Base_Set_%28OCG%29 (the set I'm working on) and I copied all the contents and pasted it in to a spreadsheet, then I Replaced (without quotes) "*10 " (may have to be "*5 " for sixty card sets) with nothingness and the commas with periods (they mess up the sorting), then I pressed the Office button in the corner (I have Excel 2007 so your version may be different) and went to "Excel Options" and then clicked "Edit Custom Lists..." and added the whole column of names to a list (with the Import button, the Add button cuts off the list), then went back to my set and replaced the commas in the names with periods and finally sorted the names by the custom list.  Voila!

Now you can replace the periods back to commas.

EDIT1: Got ninja'd...  Oh well, time to hit the hay.

RisTigger

I finished all mine, I can help you with Fighting Spirit Saga set if you want?

AuraDragon

Wow, you work really fast!

But no, it's alright, I'm done the Base Set and I'm going to start picking up the speed.

Could you upload your finished sets to the filehosting site in the sets folder?

EDIT1: Hmm, the guy who made the first sets of the plugin kept switching between OCG and TCG sets, and even having sets contain cards that aren't in either the OCG or TCG sets.  Also, the Master of Destruction set is swapped with Eternal Wave for some reason.  Eternal Wave was in your block so you may want to double check that one...

EDIT2: Eternal Wave set in the plugin had exactly the cards of Master of Destruction on the wiki except for "Streaming Shaper", which instead was "Psychic Shaper", exactly the same card except the cost is 6 rather than 3.  It's almost as if the guy was trying to rebalance the sets.

EDIT3: Base-Set, Master-of-Evolution, and Master-of-Destruction are complete.  Getting breakfast now.

RisTigger

Eternal Wave was labeled as Master of Arms.

EDIT: Do you want me to upload the excel files or convert them into a notepad file? Or do both?

EDIT2: I don't know what he was doing but I have found a couple other mistakes in the original plugin. He wrote it so one card wasn't able to attack, and it was a speed attacker.

EDIT3: Well I can help you find errors if you want?

EDIT4: I uploaded the excel sheets because my version does a weird thing when it converts to a wordpad.

AuraDragon

What was labeled as Master of Arms?

Either or, it doesn't really matter since I can use them which ever way you do it.

Oh, great, so I need to double check everyone of the cards in my sets too.

Also, Eternal Vortex is named External Vortex in your sets.

RisTigger

Also, sorry I kept putting off fixing the cards that were wrong.