Replace the card images with the higher quality Japanese versions
1 (100%)
Keep the lower quality english versions
0 (0%)
Or do both!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

RisTigger

Well that's a lot of stuff I need to do. I'll get to working on getting rid of the spaces. Also would it be possible to put the images on a google website?

Edit: EVERYONE! Make sure you thank the replace button, I know I am. Also thank Snoogy for his help on this, he deserves it.

AuraDragon

I have never used google to store image files before, but I do believe that the webhosting that I am using for the plugin has enough space(it has 10gb of space) and bandwidth(it has 100gb of monthly bandwidth, and since your sets current combined total size including images is about 120mb, we can have over 800 complete downloads a month) to store all the images, it could be set as a backup source in the case that the Wiki has problems.

Additionally, before I start making the CardImageURLs files and/or the webhosted image database I should ask what the names of the images will be in the sets.  Using the card number in the set is a good option, it's also what Magic's plugin does, but it may be easier to just use a replace function on the excel sheet.  I'll wait until you decide which one to do and I'll follow suit.

Also I've sent you a PM including the webhosting's location, login password, login email, yatta yatta because I never know when I'll be unable to update it or randomly hit by a car and put in to a coma. ;P

The Wiki also contains the japanese and english version of the first few sets, so I guess a "Japanese" quality setting could be added, since the japanese scans are of higher quality but obviously not readable.

Edits are in bold

RisTigger

Alright I finished taking out the spaces in all the card image files and the other files. Yay for me! I will go take a look at the site and I'll put a back on up the google site I made since it already and it doesn't take long and why the hell not.

I've been trying to find some higher res images of some of the english sets with very little luck so yes I might need to get all the japanese images if we really want clear pictures. Does anyone using this plugin have any opinion? I can do it, no problem but it will take a bit of time.

Once again, Thank you Snoogy! You saved my bacon! You are cool!

AuraDragon

Did you only remove the spaces or did you replace them with dashes?  And could you upload the sets so I can put their checksums in to the updatelist.txt as well as start building the CardImageURLs file?

RisTigger

I only removed the spaces. I can go back and replace them with dashes if that's what's needed?

AuraDragon

No, it's all good, I just wanted to know what you did.  I'll start building the Base Set's CardImageURLs file today.

EDIT: We can have both the Japanese images and the lower quality English images in the set, although I think I'm going to start with the English images just to catch up to where we were to begin with.

EDIT2: Actually I think having numbers for image names might help since typing each of their names in to the CardImageURLs is... well let's just say I'm not exactly the least lazy guy around.

EDIT3: Thanks to a bit of batch downloading I'm getting all the card images for uploading to the webhost, unfortunately though they are going to be named things like Dm32-s1.jpg as that's what they are called on the wiki, I don't know how if your set files include the card numbers for all the cards but if it doesn't I'll gladly manually change card image names to the card numbers, it's definitely not as hard as typing Baloros-Uber-Dragon-of-Epic-Time-Manipulation-and-Stuff or similarly named monsters 60 times each set.

I have Excel, I just need the spreadsheets and an hour of cross-referencing sets to the sheets.

EDIT4: http://media.techeblog.com/images/bill_gates_quote.jpg OH SNAP!  That sounds like me.

RisTigger

Well the problem with updating an older plugin is that the older sets don't have excel spreadsheets. The image files aren't numbers unfortunately. I can do most of that if it will be easier? Though I don't see why you are getting the numbers when, every time I download the images I will get the cards name.

AuraDragon

Where are you downloading them from exactly?

The English cards on the wiki have names, if that's what you mean, but not the Japanese cards.

RisTigger

Quote from: Snoogy on June 23, 2012, 01:22:15 AM
Where are you downloading them from exactly?

The wiki just like you.

AuraDragon

The English card files on the wiki have names, if that's what you mean, but not the Japanese card files.

RisTigger

Okay yeah you're right. I think I just go on autopilot when getting the card images and I forgot that. Weird.

AuraDragon

Well anywho, it'll be a lot easier to make new sets if you don't need to rename the images all the time.  Instead only having to put the card's number in to the card image name field in the spreadsheet.

EDIT1: I've downloaded all the card images except the reprints and in highest resolution..  All properly named after the card's set and number and in full size, now I just hope I can upload 500mb of images to some filehosting site in a batch and without breaking said filehosting site.

EDIT2: Autopilot, as in you've been manually renaming images and stuff like that!?  Well I guess it's only 60 cards per set, but that's still quite a bit when you start multiplying it by the number of sets you've done.

EDIT3: I've started uploading the images to the filehosting site.  Could you send me a few spreadsheets to update with the card images?  We, or rather I, are going to need to remake copy/paste the Base-Set spreadsheet to support the updatelist.txt.

EDIT4: You can just copy and paste the sets in to Excel and it automatically formats it correctly, amazing, I didn't know I could do that.  I'm now beginning work on converting it.

RisTigger

Really? Wow! Excel is a pretty amazing program.

AuraDragon

Indeed.

I think we should coordinate what we are doing.  I will work on Beginner's Block and Fighting Spirit Saga block:
http://duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Duel_Masters_OCG_Sets
All I'm doing is telling them their sets have dashes instead of spaces and renaming the imagefile names to Dm1-1 or what ever according to what the image's name is in the wikia, shouldn't take me terribly long.  It might be too much to ask but could you do the same for the Holy Fist Saga block and Reincarnation Saga block?

Also, whenever you make a new set you probably will want to follow this standard too so that we don't need to go back and fix it, also I'm uploading the images in groups of 30 (the maximum I can upload at one time) with the names in the same Dm1-1 format.

Once we reach a good point, like catching up to where you got, I'll update the checksums and it'll be ready to automatically update and download via LackeyCCG.

RisTigger

Yes I will work on those blocks as soon as possible! It will be easy for the Reincarnation Set because I have the excel files for that. Though you might want to check the files, Lackey seems to have some weird reaction to dashes.