News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

NPC: The Game! - Idea

Started by 3XXXDDD, May 27, 2012, 03:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3XXXDDD

Inspired by nickyinprogress' thread about fusion.

In this game players would have two decks, one would be a resource deck which they draw from and one would be a blend deck where they would have their selection of things to create provided they can pay for it. I feel this particular game's theme could focus on NPCs (Non-Player Characters) often used in MMO's.

So for example, your a blacksmith and you could mold X Iron in order to create 1 Iron Axe, which can then be sold off for points (gold).

I'm thinking it would be a tile-esque game with double sided tiles and each turn your character could choose to 1. Move 2. Cultivate. 3. Blend. To cultivate, you flip a tile adjacent to your character and would then collect what resource is printed on bottom side (now facing up).

In some cases you could also create things to help you, like an apothecary could create some form of mixture to help boost energy and increase moving speed or a blacksmith could create various tools to increase Cultivation Range or Speed*

*Some resources could take longer to gather but give more for their time.

So yeah, suggestions?

Drackthar

This game sounds like it would work better as a deck building game maybe? (not sure if I'm quite grasping the whole idea of the game as well as I should be though)

Have it work like dominion where you get money cards and then play those money cards to buy resource cards (iron, wood, leather, etc.) and then use resource cards to get product cards which equal victory points?

Then maybe to incentivize different playestyles you could have each player pick a certain profession at the beginning. So at the beginning of the game you could pick a blacksmith which will require 1 less iron to complete a smith product or something...

I dunno... just my thoughts.

nickyinprogress

My opinion as well, a deck building game. Considering all the crafting going on, maybe the goal of the game is:

"You are the sidekick of a great hero about to go on an epic quest. Prepare the equipment and goods he may need by shopping around town."

I remember a flash game, Help the Hero that could be an inspiration.

Other than the entire crafting business you thought up, players choose 1) A hero, 2) A quest and 3) An expertise
Picking a hero may be like picking a client? Though this is optional.
A quest has a list of the things you may need.
An expertise is skills the sidekick has learned, the same way Drackthar's profession idea works.

A possibility?