Coc plugging - Plugin works but need some help to add functions

Started by kriss, June 22, 2012, 06:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kriss

Hello, first thanks to Trevor for this awesome freeware!

I'm a Cthulhu player so actually i'm using the Sadric plugging.
Unfortunatly, there are some lack of options that bother me a little and this plugging was made with an old template
Tragic started his plugging too but it seams he's overbusy right now, so i'd like to make a new one myself.

This is the option i'd like to put so please let me know if it possible and a way to do it !

This is the current sadric plugging
there are basically 3 "domains" : you put your "mana" (ressource card) on the bottom, but you can add more, depend the kind of the deck

So there are the option i need:

actually available in sadric mod
- turn card 180? (ressource/mana cards) done
- the 3 domains card aren't in the deck, so it's possible maybe to make spawn card? Sadric make a "domain" deck to put your cards.
- stories have horizontal placement done

main objective:
- add a refresh all "non ressources" cards. done
I saw an option " card don't untap" in the lackey's magic right click options, but it will be great to add automaticaly this when you put a ressource card.
That means, when you choose to put a "ressource card",
1) card turn 180?
2) "untap card" activated

- add a custom wound token (custom picture) on the card done

- make all domain cards always Hover others cards.
in the lotr plugging, there is a click option to "hover" cards, so the card is always on the top but there is an effet: card move slowly up and down ... i don't like this effect and it can be disturbing when you're playing.
That means i'd like to make automaticaly all (and only) domains cards Hover, and without any effect :just put alls others cards always behind

- add a custom "drain" token (custom picture) on the Domain card

Thanks for your help

kriss

Thanks to Tragic, i have a template with some options, but i'd like to improve it !

- we can make a 180? position by clicking on "ressource" option
- we can make this card doesn't untap
I'd like to have an option to make both action : rotate 180? + doesn't untap.
I read it's not possible with menu, but we can make a canned message, am i right ?

So i understood how use canned option with /cardfunctionN;.
The problem is :
- i'd like to select card in hand
- click on a single button
- rotate 180?; doesn't untap; put in play
put in play seams to be a special action so i don't know how call it with  /cardfunction

I use the hover option
<cardfunction><label>Hover</label><kind>HOVER</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></cardfunction>

But i need to have the hovered card without any special effect (actually the card move up and down endless).
The hoverded card isn't at the "good" place (you can see the select card aera in yellow)

I manage to make some custom canned button to
- shuffle deck; shuffle story deck; draw 8 cards
Unfortunatly i don't found how put a label for this button, so actually, the player has a button with
"/shuffle 2;/sh"  : it's not very cool, i'm thinking a label like "new hand" will be more appropriate
done
I just add this text !new hand!/shuffle 2;

About image token, it seams there is a standard widht, so i can't make a a token as large as a card : it's to show a "drained" domain, so i'd like to use a big picture token
edit : and i don't found how put the token number out of the picture.
When you have token x 2, you can't see the counter AND the number can be unreadable ! so i'd like to put the number near the picture but not inside

Thanks for your help and suggestions

kriss

I move forward !

so i make a new global function to empty the hand before mulligan (it's the 4th general function)

<generalfunction>
   <label>empty hand</label>
   <kind>TRANSFERCARD</kind>
   <sourceowner>performer</sourceowner>
   <sourcegamezone>Hand</sourcegamezone>
   <sourceposition>top</sourceposition>
   <destinationowner>performer</destinationowner>
   <destinationgamezone>Deck</destinationgamezone>
   <includeasbutton>no</includeasbutton>
</generalfunction>

the canned message :
<canned>!Mulligan!/f4;/f4;/f4;/f4;/f4;/f4;/f4;/f4;/shuffle 2;/shuffle 4;/draw8</canned>

there is a strange problem with canned message :
<canned>!Ressource!/cardfunction3;/cardfunction4</canned>

function 3 and 4 are :
<cardfunction><label>Ressource</label><kind>MAKERIGHT180DEGREES</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Doesn't Untap</label><kind>TOGGLETURNALLIMMUNITY</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></cardfunction>

If i click !Ressource! on a card into my hand : the card only make right 180 degree
If i put first the card into table and after i click  !Ressource! :  the card "make right 180 degree" AND "toggle turn all immunity".
I try to use "turn all immunity" alone by clicking the card in the hand and this option didn't work  (but work well if the card is in the table)

Have you some clues about this ?

<generalfunction>
   <label>Draw Story</label>
   <sourceowner>Story</sourceowner>
   <sourcegamezone>Story</sourcegamezone>
   <destinationowner>table</destinationowner>
   <destinationposition>faceup</destinationposition>
   <includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton>
</generalfunction>

kriss

just a view of the current plugging design ! click to the link for a bigger image : http://nsa29.casimages.com/img/2012/07/05/120705013504929505.jpg

There is a different picture for each phase !

I'm thinking about hover option.. if i can't use it without remove the effect, i'm thinking i could only use a DRAIN token on the ressource card: drain = all domain is used.
So i'd like to use a BIGGER token picture than normal.

Thanks for help and comments ^^

kriss

i changed the ressource utilisation. Insted of use some domain card (with hover option i don't like), this is another utility of the board !

I drawed 3 normal ressources zone + 2 extra zone (in the case of player use special domain like nexus!)
I added a Drain/UnDrain token (drain = ressources in the aera are used) HD image : http://nsa30.casimages.com/img/2012/07/06/120706015147348664.jpg

So now i really need to fix 1 important thing !
If Trevor read this topic, pls the "doesn't untap" option doesn't work when i select card from the hand and active this option (but work well when the card is put on the table)
<cardfunction><label>Doesn't Untap</label><kind>TOGGLETURNALLIMMUNITY</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></cardfunction>

the 2e thing is less important : modify the x,y position of card put in play directly from story deck and modify the x position of the new story card put with this option

Thanks by advance

kriss

I'm sorry to insist  but i really need to use the "doesn't untap" action when you select a card in your hand :(
actually this action work only if the card is in the table

So if it's a lackey problem, Trevor pls could you make a fix?
Or if it's another problem, pls tell me how i can fix it

Many thanks by advance

Jynks

What do you mean while I was your hand? Like you place the card form your hand and then selected it and tell it to not untap. How is this not working?

kriss

i don't know tragic, but when i select a card in the hand and i activate the "doesn't untap" action (with right click or with the /cardfunction), the result is the same :
card don't gain the red square and when i put this card from hand to the table, it become ready if i exausted it and after, i use the "refresh all"

If i'm doing the same action directly on a card in table, it gains the red square and doesn't untap with  the "refresh all"  :o

So i'm thinking there is a problem with this action and the hand : i even checked preferences and i discover an option "auto clear cards moved off table" : but it's option isn't selected in my plugging

If you move a card with the red marker, from table to hand, it keep the red marker but again you can't remove it by clicking on the "doesn't untap" action (but the card keep the option).

I don't have clue to fix this problem !

Jynks

my question is.. why are you trying to activate this when the card in in your hand.. you put it on the table THEN turn it on/off.. problem solved.

As for putting it from the table into your hand.. I am pretty sure it is meant to remove all tokens and stuff when you do this,.. you will have to ask Trevor. Though again... just turn it off BEFORE you drag it int your hand .. problem solved again.

The tap/untap/refresh all that junk has no effect on cards in hand.. so the red square is irrelevant .. you can put it on the table and then turn it on. If you pick it up when it is turned on .. so what? It don't do anything having it on when it is in your hand.. when you next play just right lick it and turn it off and on

PM me the plugin.. I would like to try it out! Maybe i ma not understanding the problem

kriss

Tragic : i prefer select a card in the hand and activate the ressource button first, because this way the card will be ready to be put on table.
If you put first the card in the table, it will be unselected so you must select it again , activate the button and finally move the ressource card in the right place !

this is a test with a domain marker : it seams i can make marker with different width (maybe because it's the new lackey plugging ?).
I added a marker zone with 5 markers : you need to drag and drop the picture :)

i'll make a test for the succes tokens

here the link for the plugging : you need to download the zip and move all files in your lackey folder

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/327207/cthulhu%20plugging.zip

this package add files to:

- \LackeyCCG\images\backgrounds

- \LackeyCCG\plugins\cthulhu_lcg (many folders)

you need to change the scale to 80% to adjust cards to the board

you can select a background for 1024 pixels screen or bigger

while there isn't an update.txt for this plugging, you need to be careful to this :

if you launch and update with sadric link, your plugging will be updated with news cards (100% compatible) but the update will change 2 files :

- \LackeyCCG\plugins\cthulhu_lcg\plugininfo

- \LackeyCCG\plugins\cthulhu_lcg\pluginpreferences

So you need to make a copy of thoses files before you'll update
Many thanks to Sadric, Nyarlazorbec and Tragic.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Jynks

Quote from: kriss on July 09, 2012, 01:54:23 PM
Tragic : i prefer select a card in the hand and activate the ressource button first, because this way the card will be ready to be put on table.
If you put first the card in the table, it will be unselected so you must select it again , activate the button and finally move the ressource card in the right place !

I do not think it works that way though, as in the application dose not do what you want it to.. you can not activate that card effect unless it is on the table. (I think) but it really is not a problem.. you place the card in the correct spot , drag select it.. no need to be careful you can select all your domain cards if your sloppy, set "do not untap".. it is like what.. 1 extra button click.. is this really a problem

kriss

I just try to simplify as much as i can the interface of the game, like my mulligan button : with 1 button you empty your hand, shuffle your deck and draw 8 cards; i could make 3 buttons but prefer to do 1 unique to have a more confortable plugging for players
If it's possible to make 3 moves to put a ressources on the table, instead of 4, why could i ignore it?
But if i can't, i just forget about this and move forward.

The fact is the "doesn't untap" card option is the only  card function don't working in the hand gamezone : this is a little frustrating for me and actually that bother me ^^

kriss

i'm working on the updatelist.txt.
I discover something.. i have some custom canned (in pluginpreferences.txt)
It seams i need to select another plugging before i can load my update.txt.

If i don't change my active plugging, i download the pluginpreferences.txt with the update.txt, and lackey keep in memory the previous pluginpreferences.txt.
So nothing change in lackey and when i quit lackey, the pluginpreferences.txt i downloaded is replaced by the old one !

Jynks

Quote from: kriss on July 10, 2012, 01:38:22 AM
I just try to simplify as much as i can the interface of the game, like my mulligan button : with 1 button you empty your hand, shuffle your deck and draw 8 cards; i could make 3 buttons but prefer to do 1 unique to have a more confortable plugging for players

How did you do that? I have been meaning to do somthing like that in my plugins.. but havn't gotten around to it... like I know you can kind of make a button do a number of / commands but havn't don it myself yet

kriss

ahah, i'm glad i can teach you something   ;D

so in plugingpreference you put

<canned>!Mulligan!/f4;/f4;/f4;/f4;/f4;/f4;/f4;/f4;/shuffle 2;/shuffle 4;/draw8</canned>

and in pluginginfo i have

<generalfunction><label>Refresh All</label><kind>ALLYOURCARDSMAKERIGHT0DEGREES</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></generalfunction>
<generalfunction><label>Draw</label><kind>DRAWCARD</kind><includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton></generalfunction>
<generalfunction>
   <label>Draw Story</label>
   <sourceowner>Story</sourceowner>
   <sourcegamezone>Story</sourcegamezone>
   <destinationowner>table</destinationowner>
   <destinationposition>faceup</destinationposition>
   <includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton>
</generalfunction>
<generalfunction>
   <label>empty hand</label>
   <sourceowner>performer</sourceowner>
   <sourcegamezone>Hand</sourcegamezone>
   <destinationowner>performer</destinationowner>
   <destinationgamezone>Deck</destinationgamezone>
</generalfunction>

so /f4 means "4th fonction" and it's my "empty hand".
i put 8 cards from my hand to the deck
shuffle 2 is for deck
shuffle 4 is for story deck
/draw 8

tadam !