News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Dragon Dice

Started by Jerod_tb, June 27, 2012, 12:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerod_tb

Does anybody remember this game?  I know its not a card game but it was very fun.  Anybody interested in playing this game if there was a plugin for it? 

valiante

Hi Jerod_tb

Unfortunately the Lackey CCG doesn't have the function for custom dices, so no plugin for it. 
But the Vassal have one, and it works perfect.:

Here is a plugin for Vassal.http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Dragon_Dice

Have fun

Trevor

I'll be adding customizable dice soon. It's pretty easy to add and it would probably take about a day. I've been working on other things though.

Jerod_tb

Thanks for the info on that vassel module, that is pretty cool.  I know Lackey can't do "Dice Games" per se so I was converting it into a card game that uses dice.  here are a couple of the cards i've made so far.  Let me know what you think.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Raistlin Majere

Pretty awesome indeed.

netfirecat

I've never heard of it, but why not have each number equal something?

deadgames

Quote from: Trevor on June 27, 2012, 04:18:37 PM
I'll be adding customizable dice soon. It's pretty easy to add and it would probably take about a day. I've been working on other things though.
This will be awesome. I'll be able to create plugins for at least two collectible dice games (Marvel Super Dice and Chaos Progenitus), and possibly for others (Star Trek CDG, Doom Cubes).

Does Lackey handle transparency for PNGs? That would be useful for non-cubical dice. There's at least one current CCG that uses transparent sections of cards for tracking damage as well. (Just transparency wouldn't be enough to make Hecatomb fully playable, as cards would need to be able to be rotated in 18 degree increments.)

Trevor

Quote from: deadgames on July 10, 2012, 11:49:42 AM
Quote from: Trevor on June 27, 2012, 04:18:37 PM
This will be awesome. I'll be able to create plugins for at least two collectible dice games (Marvel Super Dice and Chaos Progenitus), and possibly for others (Star Trek CDG, Doom Cubes).

Does Lackey handle transparency for PNGs? That would be useful for non-cubical dice. There's at least one current CCG that uses transparent sections of cards for tracking damage as well. (Just transparency wouldn't be enough to make Hecatomb fully playable, as cards would need to be able to be rotated in 18 degree increments.)
It currently supports transparent PNGs and possibly other formats. I don't recall off hand.

Even with transparent possibilities, that may not be the best way to actually implement something when not playing with physical objects. Sometimes people get too caught up with replicating how things are done in the real world in a virtual way, that they don't focus on simply getting things to work the best.

deadgames

I pictured each die showing its current face, with possibly a border indicating owner. For most CDGs dice will be dragged around frequently, so showing ownership is key. When hovered, a die could display all its faces, like cards on the table show their full image now. Obviously the definition for each die needs to define the images for each face, but it'd also be useful if the faces could be named to keep players from having to look up icons. Rolling would hopefully be as simple as selecting one or more dice, right-clicking them and choosing "roll". Zones don't work as well for CDGs as for CCGs: dragging dice around on play mats would be easier than popping them in and out of card-style zones. The current way for implementing board games might be a good model: start with each player's dice arrayed on their side of the table, and let them drag to the appropriate starting positions.