News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Soul-Master: A unique CCG

Started by mappel6, July 01, 2012, 02:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mappel6

@Komosis|Omegan As I mentioned, it is taking a while to write the rules. In the meantime, you could still suggest some features and mechanics and stuff.

Kosmosis|Omegan

Everytime we try you counter with something from the rules that only you know.

mappel6

There are some things I haven't thought out. Besides, it's just suggestions.

Kosmosis|Omegan

The point is it is really hard to give any kind of meaningful input when we're so out of depth. I know it can be hard to compose thoughts like this but unless you give us something at least somewhat definitive we cant really help that much.

mappel6

Update time!
As I'm trying to perfect this, I will need the help of this forum. And, so, I will post the work on my rulebook.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tBNEhIfgh-lPu1mpgU2EtKkcaME4iR_nxT7t5Qd_WHQ/edit#

And, so, how can I make this better? I want to be able to convey this better, maybe make it shorter, but still make it to where it's still in depth. So I must ask you guys, as a potential player, what do you consider shrapnel, and what do you consider to be useful information?

Also, I want to ask if anyone can make a card template. I want it to be able to include the Values (Only Health for Characters, Health and Strength for the Summons, nothing for Souls), Emblems (The Element and Form circles), a text box for effects and maybe some flavor text, and, perhaps, make it easily editable if I find something missing. But, still, if you make one, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

EDIT: Mulligan. Yes, mulligan. I need some rules on mulligan. How should I limit it? Should you draw less cards every time? Should you have a limit to how many times you can? Both? Also, I'm planning on making the starting hand 6 cards. Does this seem good?

Kevashim

The soul based resource system does sound as if it will be highly random/unreliable as far as getting a good starting position goes. Due to this I would suggest allowing 1 free full hand mulligan to each player.

The base hand size will most likely come from playtesting. 6 is as good a place as any to start.

Dragoon

Depends on how well you can draw cards. 6 cards isn't good if you can't draw a card the first turn (Such as with magic), so you should use 7 then. Otherwise, 6 is fine if you can get new cards easily.

Mulligan: I am a fan of a 1-time full hand mulligan. Maybe multiple mulligans should be allowed at a -2 card penalty per mulligan.

I like the soul system. However, how many souls with the same name can I include?

Still no fan of the character deck. I think a dual sided card will work better for what you want to achieve. Again, the character deck doesn't state any limitations.

As for card templates, I think I will give it a shot later.

mappel6

I think one free mulligan will be good to start with, then maybe have it to where you can do it again for 1 card less, until a good starting hand is achieved or the player is left with one card. Basically the Magic system, but with the free mulligan to start with, if I am correct.

Also, I'm planning on perfecting with playtesting, so I'll start with 6 hand size.

@Dragoon, the amount will depend on the rarity of the card and the presence of the "Generic" keyword. In both of the starting decks I plan on making, there will be one Generic soul for each deck with the emblems "Lemniscate" and "Humanoid."

Also, I will change things with playtesting. Should the character deck not work with what I have planned, then I probably would create the dual-faced cards.

As well, I updated the rulebook to include more explanations on the Character Deck. I need the rulebook looked over, still, and I need someone to tell me what is "shrapnel" and what all is important, that sort of stuff.

Kosmosis|Omegan

1. What do you do with "Setless" characters that dont evolve.

2. I really have no idea whats going on here would you mind posting an example of a  game in prose?

3.. How do you win?

4. So would you only be using on character set per deck.

5. It would really help to see a game acted out, at least in proxy.

6. Try making a "quickstart" guide with this as a templet:

mappel6

1. With the "Setless" characters, you just keep that one. You don't "evolve," you'll have a generally mediocre character to a fully evolved Set character, but one superior to the unevolved ones. It's basically a "kill them before they evolve" thing.

2. I will write one up, and maybe make a video when I get some cards drawn up.

3. By the terms of the Lackey website, it's a main of Assassination with a sub of Decking. I am not planning to add any "You win" cards.

4. Yes, although between games, it would be easy to switch characters out, as not too many decks depend entirely on the character set or character that they use.

5. I will, eventually. I have to write it up first, or make some cards first on Lackey to use in the game.

6. I will, it would be a lot easier that way.

Now, Kosmosis|Omegan, I have a question for you.

Why the h*** did they rename it Kaijudo?

EDIT: Also, I decided to just go to tapping. It's much more convenient.

Typherion

Quote from: mappel6 on July 07, 2012, 12:01:44 AM

I think I can answer this. They were trying to be smart by creating a madeup Japanese word to describe a way of fighting using giant beasts. I believe "kaijuu" means giant beast.

So if Bushido is the way of the warrior, Kaijudo is the way of the giant monster...yeah...lame.

For more lame smartassery with Japanese see the game Redakai, in which akai means red, so you have "red red."

mappel6

Quote from: Typherion on July 07, 2012, 02:00:54 AM
Quote from: mappel6 on July 07, 2012, 12:01:44 AM

I think I can answer this. They were trying to be smart by creating a madeup Japanese word to describe a way of fighting using giant beasts. I believe "kaijuu" means giant beast.

So if Bushido is the way of the warrior, Kaijudo is the way of the giant monster...yeah...lame.

For more lame smartassery with Japanese see the game Redakai, in which akai means red, so you have "red red."

This is freaking hilarious.

Kosmosis|Omegan

It's based on the word Kaijudo a weird Card game based magic martial art from the original DM. "Kaiju" meaning "Strange Beast" an therefore 'Kaijudo" being "Way of the Strange Betas." (There's also a "Judo" pun.) After DM died in America in '06, WOTC probably invigorated by the sucess of parent company Hasbro, rebooted it in America as Kaijudo, with a new show on the Hub and everything.

http://www.kaijudo.com/news/making-of-2/index.html

mappel6

Quote from: Kosmosis|Omegan on July 07, 2012, 03:40:42 PM
It's based on the word Kaijudo a weird Card game based magic martial art from the original DM. "Kaiju" meaning "Strange Beast" an therefore 'Kaijudo" being "Way of the Strange Betas." (There's also a "Judo" pun.) After DM died in America in '06, WOTC probably invigorated by the sucess of parent company Hasbro, rebooted it in America as Kaijudo, with a new show on the Hub and everything.

http://www.kaijudo.com/news/making-of-2/index.html

Makes sense.

Also, I've gotten a program named "Scribus," so I will start on a early version of the quickstart guide and maybe a card template. Just an FYI.

mappel6

The only type of double-posting I like:
BUMPs.