News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Wyvern

Started by Ajezla, July 08, 2012, 06:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ajezla

Anyone remember this one? It was a CCG based around different types of dragons and was kinda short-lived. It came out around the same time that the Revised set for MTG hit the shelves (I believe around the same time as Overpower). It was actually kind of interesting. Would love to see someone make a plugin for Wyvern.

kriss

maybe you should post a link, because i don't know if there are a lot of players know this game
explain a little the mechanics pls

Other important thing: a modder need to have the cards images, so if you manage to find a link it will be easiest to make this plugging

Ajezla

As far as I know, there is no link for this game anymore, its been defunct for many years now. In fact, I'm pretty sure it was a core set only, w/ maybe 1 expansion. Was still interesting though, you paid for dragons and other things with gold, which was generated in a few ways. I don't remember much more than that.

Haven't started researching it myself, was just wondering if anyone else remembered the game and had more info themselves. If there isn't anyone besides myself that even remembers the game (and my memory got refreshed while looking at BoardGamesGeek), then there wouldn't be much point in making a plugin anyway  ;) Just thought I'd mention it because of the nostalgia factor alone, plus the card art was rather unique looking.

deadgames

I'm working on a plugin for Wyvern, scanned from my own incomplete collection. I have most of the cards from the base set, and an assortment from each of the two expansions. While not complete, it will be enough to play. I'll post here once I've finished, and when I've found some way to make the plugin available.

Ajezla

Cool, I didn't even know there were two expansions. I think I found a few sites that had card lists and pictures for the game, but it was late and I didn't think to bookmark the pages at the time. Been too busy with other things to look again. If I can find a site that has a full card list for Wyvern that can provide all the images, I'll put it up.

Ajezla

Okay, the guy that does the plugin for MTG has the core set card images up on his Yahoo group, and I downloaded the file. The problem is the card images are very small. Someone would have to do some work with an image editor to enlarge the images to medium or full resolution so that they could be used with Lackey.

Haven't found any images for the expansions yet (in fact I believe the site that I mentioned in my previous post might be what I just used to access Angelfyre's group on Yahoo). I'll try to attach 1 of the images and we'll see if it helps people to understand what I mean about the images being so small.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

deadgames

My working images are 671x964, and I'll scale them to 300 wide when done. Images that small would be better than nothing to fill in holes in my collection, provided I had complete spoilers to work from. If anyone has a spoiler list that'd be helpful; I do have name/number/type lists for base and expansions. My current plan is to make a plugin with a complete list of cards, with generic "MISSING" images for cards I don't have.

didgjedi

Interested in this one...The game was fun and quick.

----------------
Listening to: Spank Rock - Car Song (ft. Santigold)   [foobar2000 v1.0.2.1]
via FoxyTunes

Digitalnamshub

I loved this game. Wish I still had my cards to offer up images for, but alas they are no more.