News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Suggested Game for my kids

Started by hendersondayton, July 11, 2012, 07:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hendersondayton

I have a 5 and 7 year old who like to play card games with me. I was hoping to get suggestions on games for LackeyCCG that I could play with them..

I am a big LOTR:LCG player but I really think that is over their head.

Any suggestions?

hendersondayton

Trevor

I don't know much about kids that age but they may be too young for any computer game that isn't tailored specifically for really young kids.

3XXXDDD

Personally (full of bias). I would check out Cardfight!! Vanguard (ignoring card effects). It's a simple enough game to learn the basics of. It is pretty much Power Vs Defence, some extra rules here and there as well.

Morgue

Monopoly Deal....simple to learn and easy to play for kids that age. It says 8+ on the box, but its a cinch, you shouldnt have any problem teaching them.

However, I just tried to play it on lackey with someone else and its a headache. It's an old plugin that is in need of an upgrade. Im about to post about it, but i will open my own topic.

crapcarp

I've actually seen a video on Youtube where it shows a 6-year-old playing Magic. I'm dead serious, and I think learning that kind of game would be really good for your kids as it will improve their reading and math skills by a lot. Plus, you can start out with very simple decks like a green/white stompy with lots of vanilla cards and a red/black killer with lots of removal. Just an idea.