News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

secret cards help with plugin

Started by jackalopejay, July 22, 2012, 03:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackalopejay

I need to be able to play cards facedown and be able to add counters to it without other players knowing what the card is.

I know I can flip the card in my hand and play it facedown.  As soon as I add a counter to it, the chat says I placed a counter on card X.

Is there any way I can fix this for secret cards?

Is there a better way than flipping the card in my hand then playing the card to play a secret card?

Thanks to all that reply.

jackalopejay

I guess with 16 views and no responses, there is no solution and this is a known limitation of Lackey?

There has got to be a way to keep the facedown cards secret, even when adding tokens to the card.  It is not completely unusual in a CCG to have hidden cards.

If it isn't possible, Trevor could you please add?  Could it be a chat option to not name facedown cards?

jackalopejay

Never mind.  I figured it out.  Sorry about that.

mathman1550

If I remember correctly, this was addressed in a previous post. It will say on your computer that you placed a counter on card X because you already know what the card is, but for your opponents it says you place a counter on a facedown card, and it does not reveal the card's name.
If you don't believe me, do a test game with a buddy and try it out. If I'm wrong, go ahead and let me know.

Just FYI, there are other ways to play a card facedown as well. One of these is to press down the ctrl key after you start dragging the card onto the table and holding the key until after you drop the card.

Trevor

If mathman is wrong, it would indeed be a major bug, but I think he is right. People who shouldn't see it shouldn't see the log card name.