A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Summoner's Dream, the TCG

Started by Cinchspark, July 29, 2012, 06:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinchspark

Summoner's Dream

Premise:

Summoner?s Dream is a game that is set within the ethereal World of Magic.

A peculiar realm, the World of Magic is actually an amalgam of realms, realms that have been put together to create a grand network of realms sometimes blending into one another. Therefore, due to the world-colliding nature of the World of Magic, many powerful and unusual things happen within it. One of these is the existence of summoners: beings who can manipulate the special properties of each realm and usually are highly proficient in the essence-binding art of ?arisma.? Through arisma, summoners can capture the ?essence,? ?heart,? or ?soul? of an object, concept, or person and sort of ?dream? these types of things into into existence. Summoners often train together and spar against each other in order to hone these skills.

RULES:

• In a standard deck, there are 40 cards. You may have 4 of a kind, except for cards with the Unique property.
  • There are 4 types of cards: Entities, Attachments, Specials, and Passives. All four types of cards are essential to gameplay.
  • Each card has 4 main parts to it: its card type, name, STR, and description.
  • There is no "attack" or "defense" stat on every card--there is only strength, signified by the abbreviation STR
  • To win a game, you must make it so that your opponent cannot make any moves. Thus, you must eliminate cards so that he cannot use them.

Entity

Entities as your bread and butter of the game. There are the "monsters," the "heroes," and the "villains." They have a unique battle mechanic called "engagements". These cards can move, engage, and disengage. When a card is broken, it is sent to your discard pile.

Attachment

Attachments can be attached to cards (most always, Entities) in order to strengthen them or to trigger their special ability. For example, Enpower increases a card's STR by 1 if it is engaging or being engaged by another card. These cards can move, but cannot engage.

Special

Special cards are usually one-time use cards. They can do things like revive cards, cause players to draw more cards, or even destroy all cards currently on the field. These cards can move, but cannot engage.

Passive

Passive cards are like Special cards, except that they usually provide an on-going effect that is only ended if you destroy the card. For example, Blizzard lowers the STR of all cards on the field by 1 if it is on the field. These cards can move, but cannot engage.

Battle Rules!

• On the first turn, all players will draw cards and decide the turn order. The first player to take a turn will not draw a card by default.
  • All cards are automatically played face up, and placed in "your base." This means all players can see your hand as soon as you draw it, unless a card specifies that it must be placed face-down.
  • The base can hold 8 cards. If you draw more than 8, you must choose cards to put back at the bottom of your drawing deck until you only have 8 cards.
  • There are 3 areas in a game: your base, the field, and the opponent's base. You must be in an adjacent area in order to move to it, or to engage/disengage to another area. (For example, you can't just go and move to your opponent's base in 1 move.)
  • You receive 2 moves per turn.

Moving & Engaging[/i]

Moving, engaging, and disengaging all take only 1 move by default. ONLY ENTITIES CAN ENGAGE AND DISENGAGE.
When an E-card engages another card, they create an "engagement." If both cards engage each other, they are automatically sent to the field, the space between you and your opponent. Why? Because some cards effect cards on the field, and do other things.

When you engage an opponent, if your card's STR is higher (not equal to) than the engaged card's STR, the other card is broken and sent to its discard pile. If it's not, you can use other cards to engage the same card and thus overpower the other card.

If you fear that your card will get overpowered and broken, you can choose to disengage. Disengaging doesn't remove a card from the field, but it means that other cards must re-engage the same card to break it again.

Other Info/Etc.

• There are several status effects: paralysis, freeze, burn, shock, and disabled.
  • Paralysis = cannot move/engage/disengage, can still use abilities.
  • Freeze = cannot move/engage/disengage, cannot use abilities. Fire will remove freeze.
  • Burn = card is dealt 1 fire damage each turn.
  • Shock = cannot use abilities
  • Disabled = cannot do ANYTHING

3XXXDDD

I'm going assume you start with 8 cards drawn?

Cyrus

Seems like a cool spin, actually, I expected it to be more of straight magic clone based on the name. To help me understand the game more clearly, could you type out an example turn or something? (I don't care if you use real cards as examples) I feel like I almost get it but maybe not 100%

Cinchspark

GAME: P1 & P2 DUEL

Turn 1:

• All players draw 5 cards. P1 goes first.
  • P1 doesn't draw a card. He uses 1st move to move his Sentic (Type: Entity, STR: 2) onto the FIELD. He uses his 2nd move to engage another Sentic in P2's base. He moves the Sentic card up so that it's touching the top of P2's Sentic card.
  • P2's turn: He uses his Sentic and engages P1's Sentic back. Both cards are sent to the field. Now, each player must eliminate the other player's card in order to attack more cards in the base.