News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Card Back Functionality

Started by TheNameForgotten, July 28, 2012, 01:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNameForgotten

I'm trying to create a plugin for a game I'm designing and I'm having a problem with the card back functionality.

In the game design I have double-sided cards - they both have the same name, but the text (and some of the other features) are different on the front and on the back. Apart from a single card which can toggle sides in play, the rest enter play on one side and remain that way from the start to the finish of the game.

So far, I've just made them into two seperate cards (with a numbered name) to work around the problem, which is fine, but I was wondering if there is a better, correct way of doing it that I'm missing. The major problem I seem to get is that when I'm using the reverse side of a card (i.e. the card back) everyone should be able to see the card back. However, the opponent only sees a generic card back instead of the actual one belonging to the card - and no text information is revealed either, so they can't even go that route to figure out what the card is - although I can see both sides perfectly. Since the card is in play constantly (and there are a dozen such cards in play at a time), swapping controllers or peeking is not an option - the information on the back must be available to all players at all times.

Is there some line of code I'm missing to include this feature?

Thanks,
V