News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

What is the coolest game card you ever saw?

Started by yudencow, August 21, 2012, 12:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turonik

The coolest one to me shall forever be Doomtown. Everything about the game was cool, from the art on the cards that helped tell tale of the "weird wild west" to the card layouts themselves which capture the feel perfectly. Then to the mechanics where poker was the battle mechanic(and each card had a suit and a value) which made the game unique and fun all at the same time. And then even the rulebook was dripping with flavor with the use old west speak all throughout it. Truly a masterpiece of cardboard imho.

EveningNewbs

Quote from: Turonik on September 02, 2012, 10:56:16 AM
The coolest one to me shall forever be Doomtown. Everything about the game was cool, from the art on the cards that helped tell tale of the "weird wild west" to the card layouts themselves which capture the feel perfectly. Then to the mechanics where poker was the battle mechanic(and each card had a suit and a value) which made the game unique and fun all at the same time. And then even the rulebook was dripping with flavor with the use old west speak all throughout it. Truly a masterpiece of cardboard imho.
I was going to say that. The poker hand thing is probably the coolest mechanic I've ever seen.

Link006

Star Wars TCG by Wizards.  By far the best game I have ever played.  I'd love for Richard Garfield to design another game.  The first two he did were pretty damn good.

Dabem

magic and roborally?

star wars TCG was way down on the list. It's nearly the 10th he designed.

on topic: Netrunner (also from Garfield) is fantastic. It oozes theme, graphics are great, the game is complex and not entirely dependent on a good or bad draw. It also includes elements of bluffing and requires you to play your opponent and not just the cards in your deck. What more could you ask for?

I've only played the latest version from Fantasy flight and it's awesomesauce. But I'm told the old netrunner was a force to be reckoned with too.