News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Android: Netrunner

Started by Dabem, August 28, 2012, 03:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dabem

Does anyone plan on making the plugin for the new game from fantasy flight?

Alas! I haven't even got my physical copy yet, it's still on order. I do have a friend who lives 1000+ Miles away that I would like to play with as soon as there is an online version. I understand for LoTR the policy is that one has to wait for 6 months before a digital version can be made available. Would that be the same for Android: Netrunner?

Dabem

Shame I didn't get any interest in this. If I were to make the plugin myself would anyone be interested in playing?

yunari

I make plugin for play with myself and friend. probably we are on the same boat.  I'm also interested in this and still waiting game to shipping to here which probably next month.  However since FFG seem to strictly in this you should better ask them before make it publicly. Many people also much happy to play with plugin that got approved form them.

jorch72

I would also be interested!
bye

FeliciaD

I would be really interested in playing it too.

Nirrol

FFG have asked people not to release plugins using "proper" card images for a period of 6 months after product launch.
The guys who made the octagon plugin used blurred images (which work fine with the available card text) and can be "upgraded" to the proper images after 6 months. Of course, this only applies to the DISTRIBUTION of the plugin - there's no reason why you cant replace the card images yourself after downloading (just remember not to update the plugin without backing up the images ;p)

davros

I just downloaded Lackty with the soul intention of doing just this. I'm just getting to know the ropes of how the coding works for Lackey but would love to help someone else with more experiance. I have the game IRL and love it and want more opertunities to play it.

As for card images as long as we have the text the picture doesn't matter, Just have someone time 6 months from release for each set then upload images.

yunari

It doesn't require much programming skill. If you could do some database with excel you are ready to do it. Most time on plugin creation are typing all card data into database. However if you have enough programming skill to write code that fetch whole database from card website, it could reduce almost of work.
Shortcut for myself is take other plugin as prototype for your plugin and follow instruction on lackey website to modified thing that need to be done.
If there have some trouble you could ask form webboard for assistance.

Kiltedwolf

I would be very interested in this, as the local player base seems tiny right now. And the only way to get better is to play consistently -- right? Also, I have no background in card games, coming from a miniatures and RPG background. So, being able to get a game in without leaving the home would be great.

Sorry I can't contribute much to the development, as my masters classes have me busy -- but I'll help out as I can. Hope to see this move forward!

Cheers!