No (or little) random distribution in (edited) magic plugin's pack generator

Started by Flak, September 14, 2012, 04:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flak

I created a custom magic set using MSE, and after jumping through some hoops it's showing up in Lackey just fine. I've added a pack definition that works, too, save one issue: at "rare" rarity, it really likes dumping out the same card over and over again. When generating multiple packs, there are two rare artifacts in my set in particular that Lackey decides to give me several copies of. It is not that every rare slot is occupied by these cards, but a vast majority (5/6 or so based on several dozen generations).

Any ideas as to what might be going wrong? It should go without saying, but I have a healthy 60 or so rares, not just the two that come up again and again :P

I can share the text files I've edited if it would help anyone give me advice.

Thanks in advance!

p.s. distribution of cards at other rarities seems fine.
p.p.s. the only modification to the magic plugin is my addition of a set.

Trevor

Your pack file is likely messed up. I suggest you reread the tutorial and then post the pack definition if you still can't figure it out.

Flak

Hi Trevor, thanks for the reply. My pack definition is copied&pasted from the Magic 2013 pack definition with a few field values changed... I couldn't see how it was different from a functioning pack definition so I'll share it here. Below are the complete contents of a file called packdefinitions3.xml. (I've also tried putting the pack definition in the main pack definitions file and that doesn't seem to change anything.)

<packdefinitions version="1.0">

<pack>
<packtitle>NS Booster</packtitle>
<packimage>2013</packimage>
<packformat>Standard</packformat>
<packkind>Booster</packkind>
<packcommoncrit><field>Set</field><eval>IS</eval><data>nss</data></packcommoncrit>
<chance>
<prob>87</prob>
<kind><qty>1</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>R</data></crit></kind>
<kind><qty>3</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>U</data></crit></kind>
<kind><qty>11</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>C</data></crit></kind>
</chance>
<chance>
<prob>13</prob>
<kind><qty>1</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>M</data></crit></kind>
<kind><qty>3</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>U</data></crit></kind>
<kind><qty>11</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>C</data></crit></kind>
</chance>
</pack>

</packdefinitions>