News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Elemental/Material stuff

Started by 3XXXDDD, September 19, 2012, 01:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3XXXDDD

(refer to the Alchemy/Transmutation game of mine).

I'm looking for primary materials (such as wood or mineral) that could act as a representation/embodiment of those five classical elements (fire, earth, water, wind). I'm also looking for them to work so that when you combine two of them you can come to something relatively logical result wise.

Take for example we have;
Earth as Wood
Fire as Fire

So that if you are to create a material between Wood (Earth) and Fire (Fire) we could end up with something like "Embers".

So it would be much appreciated if anyone could suggest some "primary material" titles for it The elements again being

Fire
Earth
Water
Wind

As well as any names that come out of combinations (Fire + Earth/Water/Wind, Earth + Water/Wind, Wind + Fire/Wind/Water and so on and so forth.

All help very much appreciated.

r0cknes

Fire combos

Water: fog
Earth: Lava
Wind: heat wave

Water and earth: wood
Water and wind: steam
Earth and wind: glass

Water combos

Earth: mud or clay
Wind: Rain

Earth and wind:

I must leave but this is a start anyway.

3XXXDDD

Quote from: r0cknes on September 19, 2012, 03:42:34 PM
Fire combos

Water: fog
Earth: Lava
Wind: heat wave

Water and earth: wood
Water and wind: steam
Earth and wind: glass

Water combos

Earth: mud or clay
Wind: Rain

Earth and wind:

I must leave but this is a start anyway.

Stuff like fog, as far as I know, isn't a "Primary Material" you know one of those things you get in bulk and then later refine. e.g. Woodcutter (or whatever they're called) cuts trees down and collects "Wood" that is a primary material, then you take it to a Carpenter to refine it into those planks of wood that are essentially a "refined material" or something to that.

Stuff like Clay is good though.

r0cknes

Ok sorry, i misunderstood what you were looking for. I cant seem to think of any raw materials for fire, water, and wind. Fire cannot be refined, it can only be increased or decreased by adding things to it. Also, Water, and wind can only be refined, because you separate air to its different elements, and water is much like fire in that you can only alter it. So in a sense if you wanted to use those elements then you must use:

Earth: Rock
Fire: Fire
Water: Water
Wind: Air

Now if you are not married to the elemental theme then you could think of raw materials pretty easily. Maybe it would help if I had a brief overview of your game idea, so that I had some context by which I could use to help you more.

3XXXDDD

I think the idea I have for these was stupidly redundant anyway and more there for sake of flashiness than anything else.

Dragoon

Maybe you could take a look on the perodic table of elements.

murazrai

Earth and wind...that depends on what exactly forms. It could be dust or sand.

Quote from: 3XXXDDD on September 21, 2012, 08:35:05 AM
I think the idea I have for these was stupidly redundant anyway and more there for sake of flashiness than anything else.

Not quite. If you can create several possible outcomes each of the combinations, they can be assigned with different properties which would add to the depth in your game.

yudencow

Have a stone, a salt, a metal, a gas, an oil and a water for each of your desired elements.

Play doodle god or doodle devil for ideas.