News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Problem with card dimensions and Counters

Started by Anurak, October 08, 2012, 04:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anurak

I am trying to create a plugin for a game I have in mind and I want to see how balanced are some in a match. It is a fan project and in its early stages. Because I don't have a lot of time, instead of creating a plugin from the start, I decided to use an existing plugin and change the images and some areas in the gamezone. I probably shouldn't do that, but I wanted to see which features I would need before starting the creating of a new one. The problem I am facing is that the images I added are presented distorted. I have 2 problems with that.

In the player's hand, when I try to increase the area the hand takes, only the cards' height changes which results in long deformed images. The second problem is that when I play cards, they enter the board with their width increased, which also results in deformed images.

Is the problem with the size something that can change from the preferences window, or are there values I have to set in a plugin file? I am worried that if I create a new plugin I will have the same problem. I would really appreciate it if anyone can help me solve these probelms. Thanks in advance.

Anurak

OK, I solved it. The problem was a spelling error to the cardback image.

Anurak

Something else came up when I tried adding some counters. I see that in the Preferences -> Appearance I have the option to add counters as images and/or text. My questions is: Can I have some counters appear as images and others as text? The reason for this is that I want to show that a character has a condition, like poison by using a green counter image, but I want other counters which show values to appear only as text. Is this possible by adding some rules in the cardfanctions, or there is no way to bypass the option in the preferences?

EDIT: Oh, and something about the zoom in the game. An older version had the option in the preferences to lock the background image of the board when I attempted to zoom in by using the mouse wheel. I can't find this option in the latest version and when I use the mouse wheel, everything zooms in and out. Can anyone help?

Trevor

The option for the 3 counter styles is currently applied on all cards.

I removed some of the least used zoom functions to simplify things. Now, things work just like a camera. If you zoom in to a part of the table, you will see cards and the table playmat there get larger, just like you would in real life. What I think you may want is card SCALE, and not zoom. Scale allows you to change the size of cards on the table. This is not a proper zoom, but the effect is similar.

Anurak

Thanks for replying. I use the scale now, but it was easier to enlarge a card using the mouse wheel. It's all a matter of habit. I love that it offers so many options. The ability to choose when to use counter icons and when numbers is not essential but would be welcome addition.

Trevor

Control+alt+scroll wheel is scale via the mouse.

Anurak

Wow, thanks a lot. This makes easier. At least for me.

Anurak

One more  question about counters.

When I enable in the preferences->appearance the option "Text over image", the color of the numbers that appears over the counter image is usually orange and it is not easy to read some times. Can I change the color to black or white?

Trevor

Quote from: Anurak on October 10, 2012, 09:29:45 AM
One more  question about counters.

When I enable in the preferences->appearance the option "Text over image", the color of the numbers that appears over the counter image is usually orange and it is not easy to read some times. Can I change the color to black or white?
Thats something done at the plugin maker level.
If you're making a plugin, check the section on counters.