News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Face down cards and tapping

Started by Anurak, October 09, 2012, 09:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anurak

I use a function to play a card from my hand face down on the board. To do this I use
<destinationposition>facedown</destinationposition>
as a condition in the general function.

Once the card is on the board though, if I tap/untap it (intentionally or accidentally) the other player can see the card's name in the log screen.
Is there a way to hide the card's name from being seen?

Trevor

First, are you sure THEY actually see the name in the log? YOU should see it, but the message in their log should not be the same as yours.

Does this happen if you turn any card face down, or only when you use your function to move it to the table?

Anurak

I use the following function to add a resource on the board. It always choose the last card in your hand.

<generalfunction>
<label>Play Resource</label>
<kind>TRANSFERCARD</kind>
<sourceowner>performer</sourceowner>
<sourcegamezone>Hand</sourcegamezone>
<sourceposition>bottom</sourceposition>
<destinationowner>table</destinationowner>
<destinationposition>facedown</destinationposition>
<includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton>
</generalfunction>

After I add some resources on the table, when I try to tap/exhaust any of them, their names appear to the log zone.
I tried the plugin with a friend and he said he could see the names of the resources.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the functions I use to exhaust/refresh the cards are
<cardfunction><label>Refresh</label><kind>MAKERIGHT0DEGREES</kind><includeasbutton>no</includeasbutton></cardfunction>
<cardfunction><label>Exhaust</label><kind>MAKERIGHT90DEGREES</kind><includeasbutton>no</includeasbutton></cardfunction>

Trevor

Quote from: Trevor on October 09, 2012, 12:10:20 PM
Does this happen if you turn any card face down, or only when you use your function to move it to the table?

Anurak

I tried other ways to put on the board a card face down, like moving the card to the graveyard/sideboard/deck and use "Turn Over" to flip it face down.
Then I dragged it to the board, but when I exhaust it, the opponent can still see the name of the card.

I don't know if there are other ways to put a card on the board face down.

Trevor

I'd have to see your whole plugin. Different plugins have different behaviors for upside-down cards.