News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Different Victory Points

Started by 3XXXDDD, December 01, 2012, 02:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3XXXDDD

What is your preference?

Both Players start out with the same life that need to be reduced regardless of Player Avatar statistics? (Like both Players have 5 HP)

Or

Both Players start out with different life depending on their Player Avatar statistics (think like one-round Pokemon).

Wisp

Obviously the former choice is easier to balance. It really depends on what other variables are in your game.

Dan55

The second choice allows for more variety.

Turonik

I prefer avatars in my games, it allows for interesting decktypes to come about and they can be balanced since most games that have variable "life" they  typically stay within a range of each other.

mathman1550

You are forgetting a third option, where their deck is their life and different avatars affect how they draw cards or how they "damage" (discard cards from) their opponent's deck. And when the deck runs out they lose.

Dragoon

Quote from: mathman1550 on December 04, 2012, 06:19:59 PM
You are forgetting a third option, where their deck is their life and different avatars affect how they draw cards or how they "damage" (discard cards from) their opponent's deck. And when the deck runs out they lose.

I hate that option.

Go with the second option. If you are using avatars already, they are a good option.

A foruth option, is to collect VP. When you got X vp, you win.

Wisp

In my opinion accumulating points is good if you are making an multiplayer game. It means no one gets eliminated from the game.

yudencow

I second Wisp. Accumulating points rather than losing them is better.

Kevashim

I'm with Mathman1550, but then I have a soft spot for the Megaman TCG :P

3XXXDDD