Android: Netrunner Plugin (Christmas comes early this year)

Started by Myridden, December 09, 2012, 08:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myridden

So, I made this plugin about a month ago, primarily for me and my cousin to play.  It's a little cludgy right now, but I have plans to clean it up once the next version of Lackey comes out (with some card scripting functions! YAY!)  You can all thank DigitalNamshub for bugging me to make it public as-is.

Let me know if you find any super-major bugs, but we've been playing it for a while now and I think it's fairly workable overall.

DigitalNamshub will be posting his instructions list shortly, make sure you give it a read so the plugin makes sense.

Let the battle for Cyberspace commence:   http://webpages.charter.net/myridden/netrpub/updatelist.txt

Regards,

Myridden

Digitalnamshub

Netrunner-Android Plugin Readme

Quick Notes:
   1. This plugin will likely not be updated beyond bug fixes, as the creator Myridden is awaiting the new Lackey that will allow for different scripting options.
   2. Per Fantasy Flight, all card images will have the text blurred, but checking the text box below the card image brings up a pop up that shows card info including the applicable rule text for that card.
   3. Game area names taken from those used on the Lackey website [http://www.lackeyccg.com/tutorialgame.html#maingamewindow]
   4. The following plugin description assumes the reader knows how to play Netrunner-Android

I. Game Buttons

A. Card Viewer, Player Stats, & Turn Stats Area

1. Card viewer - check the text box to view card info including card text

2. Player Stats - Incremental stats for Max Hand size, current credits, current Trace/Link, and current score. The current version of Lackey does not support auto advance of these stats, based on game play. Each player must keep track of these stats.

3. Turn/Phase Buttons - there are arrows to advance the turn to the next Player, or to redact. There are arrow buttons to advance the phases and individual buttons for each phase. Each of the 5 phase buttons represent the four standard clicks used by corporate and runner, with an extra phase for 'End of Turn' or 'Start of Turn' effects. [ex. the first mandatory draw phase for corporate and the first runner click are the same phase button].

B. Table Area - The bottom row of buttons in the table area have various in game functions. Due to limitations in the current version of Lackey, for the corporation to 'Install' a card face down the player must use the 'Install Top Card' button and then use the 'Position as ICE' button to rotate the card if necessary.  Then the player must drag the card into position in or on the server of choice. From left to right:

1. Draw - Draws a card.

2. Install Top Card - The 'top card' of your hand [leftmost] is installed face down on the table. The card will need to be properly placed either in a remote server or as ICE.

3. Install Identity - Installs the Corporation or Runner ID card onto the table.

4. Access HQ - If the Runner makes a successful run against HQ, pressing this button draws a random card from HQ face down to the table. If the card is returned to the Corporation's HQ it will be face down and will need to be Rez'd to be turned face up in the hand.

5. Access R&D -  If the Runner makes a successful run against R&D, pressing this button draws a card R&D face down to the table.

6. Runner Damage - When damage is dealt, the Corporation player should click this button to discard a random card from the Runner's Grip

7. Position as ICE - turns face down highlighted card 90 degrees in the proper position for ICE. Right clicking on the installed card offers option to position as ICE as well.

8. Rez - Rez face down card. Right clicking on the installed card offers option to Rez.

*Special Note* - The Corporation can right click an Agenda and choose 'Move to > top of > Scored', however due to limitations in Lackey, even if the Runner takes control of an Agenda, he must manually drag the Agenda to the 'Scored' Zone

C. Bottom Game Zone Area

1. Tabs - after the arrow to switch between players are a set of 5 tabs, each one is for a different Zone or section of the player's working deck; HQ/Grip, R&D/Stack, Identity, Archives/Heap, and Scored [send Agendas here after scored by corresponding side]. Right clicking allows for some deck management options.

*Special Note* - due to limitations in Lackey, if the Archives Zone is not kept hidden by default, then any cards the Corporation trashes will not go face down on the Archives. If the Archives are not hidden by default, the card name will appear in the log and the Runner will know what card was Trashed. What this means is, to view Archives the Player must choose to 'Reveal' Archive Zone to self and then Reveal to None when done.

2. Card images - leftmost is top of said area. Right clicking on cards allows for some deck management options. Right clicking the background where there is no card offers Zone management options.

D. Game Chat Log Area - There are some generic and specific game play communication buttons, such as 'Run on R&D' for the Runner to announce said action. The following buttons also have in game effects as well as communication of said effect:

1  /draw5 - draws 5 cards, useful for starting the game

10. Click to Draw - [the first button that says '/say Click..'], draws and advances the Phase

11. Click for Credit - advances the phase but a credit must be manually added *NOTE This is due to a bug in the
current version of lackey that resets the credit total to 1 when trying to increment by 1 - it may be fixed in future versions of
the plugin once the Lackey bug is fixed.

E. Right Game Zone and Token Area - Similar to the Bottom Game Zone and the Tabs located there. Tokens are available, under the Token tab, for Bad Publicity, Runner Tag, and Brain Damage [playing a Brain Damage Token does not auto lower Grip Size, this must be manually]. Also under Tokens Tab are the images for Corporate Actions, and Runner Actions. It is recommended that these last two be placed on the table at the beginning of the game.

Any questions send me a FPM,
Digitalnamshub

Ajezla

Hmm....I can download the plugin and all the images for the cards, but the text and icons for the cards are missing. All that data is blank. The card data is present in the deck editor while looking at cards, in the card list. O.o

Myridden

Yea, unfortunately it's a requirement of Fantasy Flight that card text be blurred - it's in the Quick Notes in DigitalNamshub's post:

Quick Notes:

2. Per Fantasy Flight, all card images will have the text blurred, but checking the text box below the card image brings up a pop up that shows card info including the applicable rule text for that card.

On the left side of the screen, under the card image, there is a check box that says "Text" - putting a check in that box will reveal all of the card info necessary to play the game.  (Trash Cost, ICE/Breaker Strength, Costs, Rules text, etc.)

The other thing you can do if you own the game is replace the card images with your own scanned images.  Just make sure the file names are the same and replace the blurred images in /plugins/netrpub/sets/setimages/core with your own versions.  I highly recommend not sharing any images you scan of the cards with others though. 

We're still trying to clarify, but it's commonly believed that FFG allows un-blurred card images after the set has been out for 6 months - if/when we can confirm that policy and that 6 month time frame has passed, we may swap the blurred images with good ones.

(Edited to clarify and add the bit about 6 months ;) )

Regards,

Myridden

Nirrol

It's explained in the other thread how to use unblurred images - you just cant distribute the plugin with them

nastysson

Hi everyone!

I'm completely new to Lackey, downloaded it only beacause I got kind of hooked on this game (played 2 matches with a friend earlier today, one on each side). So, obviously I've got a whole lot to learn, was just wondering if people are using this plugin, and if yes, when am I likely to find opponents online? Really want to play more, and it's hard to find IRL opponents around here..

Cheers!

Digitalnamshub

Glad you are enjoying the plugin! This game is great fun.

Since we dropped the plugin I have only seen one other person online with to play. The holidays kept me busy so I was not around a lot the past two weeks either. However, depending upon my schedule, I pop in and out of Lackey several times a day. Tell me when you are usually about and I will try to login around then and have a match with you.

Dabem

I'm hoping to play some netrunner on lackey to prepare for the regionals coming up. I know you said that you aren't updating the plugin. Do you still have all the data packs available so far? up to study in static?