News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Need Help with plugin

Started by Arunos, December 09, 2012, 11:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arunos

Ok so I'm trying to make a plugin  based on my card design I've got the plugin info down since it was so similiar to Magic the gathering i decided to take a peek from theirs and adjust and now I'm stuck at Updatelist which i think is what i need for the cardgame to appear in the browse installed plugins that or a card back anyways help would be much apreciated if you need to know about my card game i will write down the description if that helps.

just need to know how the update list.txt is put into a url

Trevor

Arunos

Ty Trevor for your response but i looked over your tutorial and am wondering is it card general as i do not have images atm i just wanna be able to install so i can test it out im so confused T.T

mathman1550

Your new plugin will not work without at least a cardback image, or at least the plugins would not work without one in the past. A plugin should work without an updatelist, but if you are having trouble, just create a blank text document with that name then in the first line of the document put the name of your plugin [tab] today's date.

Arunos

Thank you it loaded i made a card back and it worked fine except the cards dont show up i think i did everything right i wrote it in the format most have from excel first is name then set then imagefile and the rest of my cards stats but yes thank you math man if there is a thank you button or honor system ill gladly use it for you

r0cknes

When you save text from Microsoft excel, sometimes it will add apostrophes and/ quotes around some things. That could cause errors in your plugin such as card images not showing up. You may need to copy and paste into a notepad text file, and then save from there. I don't know if this is your image problem, but it may be.