News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Lackey on Linux

Started by lechaz, January 21, 2010, 12:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lechaz

Hi!

I tried to run Lackey on my laptop running on Ubuntu 8.04. At first, there was no problem : it was starting and running will.

I wanted to download Netrunner's plugin (that's the game I'm really interested in) but in the end it said "downloaded succesfully, but with some errors".

Then I restarted the program as it is requested after a plugin installation. No Netrunner! :( when I try to select it from the plugin list, it doesn't want to start.

Who knows what's happening ?
See you !

Fian

it's the plugin that's probably at fault, it has errors in it that stop it from loading properly. Check the thread here.

http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=135.0

For a fixed version.

aardvark

What Fian said, I had the same problem when I downloaded it the first time. Just get the fixed version and everything should be fine.

If you're interested in playing Netrunner just look for me, Ripplez and occasionally Geralt on the server.

lechaz

Well, it's better thank you! I could load the plugin, but now I have another problem.

When I'm in the deck editor, as I select any card sets, the "open packs" button is still grey. I cannot load them...

mathman1550

Quote from: lechaz on January 22, 2010, 05:48:57 AM
When I'm in the deck editor, as I select any card sets, the "open packs" button is still grey. I cannot load them...
Its possible the maker of the plugin did not install any packs into the plugin, just the cards

Frizzler

Hi lechaz,

I think you don't need to open any game packs for building a Netrunner deck; you just have to click on the "Selected+1"-button below your card list, and the selected card will get addd to your deck. btw I am on the server for a game right now.

lechaz

Quote from: Frizzler on January 22, 2010, 02:27:27 PM
Hi lechaz,

Hi Frizzler!

Quote from: Frizzler on January 22, 2010, 02:27:27 PM
I think you don't need to open any game packs for building a Netrunner deck; you just have to click on the "Selected+1"-button below your card list, and the selected card will get addd to your deck.

But my card list is empty, that's the problem! There's no card to select.

Moreover, I checked in the plugin folder and I can't see there any card picture (except the card backs). Probably I did something wrong, but I can't figure out what exactly.

lechaz

ok, I fixed the problem. Now I'll try to connect to the server and maybe I'll be able to play a game :)

Thanks for your help !

lechaz

I couldn't connect to the server :(

"There was an error connecting to the server. It may be temporarily offline"

mathman1550

Quote from: lechaz on January 24, 2010, 11:24:19 AM
I couldn't connect to the server :(

"There was an error connecting to the server. It may be temporarily offline"
It may have been offline, but its up now

lechaz

Yes! I finaly got to the server and could have a short talk with HighlanderOne :)

Ok, now I'll prepare a deck and I'll be back to try to play a game. Right now, I cannot tell you when I'll be able -- but I think it will be very soon.

If some of you play Netrunner, tell me when you are likely to be online ;)

aardvark

If you have to ask me... tsk, tsk.

Just look at my sig. ;)