News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Community Game: What Would YOU Like to Do?

Started by aardvark, January 22, 2010, 07:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aardvark

Primary: Project Overlord Mover-Alonger
Secondary: Mechanics

GnKoichi

Primary: Creative Design (coming up with a world and characters that serve the rules and vice versa)
Secondary: Rules Design
Tertiary: Production (helping keep things organized, keeping lines of communication open)

Tokimo

Primary: Playtest
Tertiary: Universe Building
Tertiary: Mechanics
Tertiary: Card Design

Zao

Primary : Creative design, just like GnKoichi said.
Secondary : Card design / Artwork.
Tertiary : Mechanics, rules

Seriously, I don't really care about which one goes first.

sneaselx

Primary: Card design
Secondary: Everything else.

I am willing to work on anything.

Fian

Primary: Playtesting, bouncing ideas off of.

I may not have the time or energy to devote to anything in depth creative wise, but i've been playing CCG's for about 15 years or something and will help try to untangle rules to make them make sense.

Ripplez

Primary : Mechanics, Rules
Secondary : Play-tester
Tertiary : Card Design

TheBuck

aardvark

This looks to be the bulk of our "staff" but, just to be fair, we won't officially get to task until after we the people have decided on mechanics.

Primary Listings
Playtesting

• Everyone

Mechanics

• TheBuck

Creative Design - Art

• sneaselx

Creative Design - Fluff

• GnKoichi
  • Zao

Rules

• Ripplez

Secondary
Mechanics

• aardvark

Creative Design - Art

• Zao
  • Legend Zero

Creative Design - Fluff

• n/a

Rules

• GnKoichi
  • TheBuck

Everything Else (?)

• sneaselx

Tertiary
Mechanics

• Tokimo
  • Zao

Creative Design - Art

• Tokimo

Creative Design - Fluff

• Ripplez
  • Tokimo

Rules

• Zao
  • aardvark

Under the final list, those listed under primary (or secondary if primary was left blank) will be have the most say in what's happening in their jurisdiction. Those who chose a particular field will be advisers and the tertiaries will be to bounce ideas off of. Again, as it stands this is only a preliminary list so don't be afraid to modify your choices between now and then.

I'll be doing my best to keep things organized and running smoothly. Any questions or concerns, don't be afraid to post or pm me. GnKoichi showed an interest in keeping things going as well, I ask that you refer to him in my absence (Wed and/or Sat, depends).

Above all else, I'd like to say this: thank you all for offering your skills and talents in the making this game. When all's said and done, just have fun! :)

Ripplez

why did you put me under creative design - art? i dont have an artistic bone in my body. you know this, its simply not how i work

sorry i just realised i worded this very badly. im not complaining, much. but i dont think id be of much use in that regard. ty for putting me under mechanics tho :) ill try and do my best :)

why is there no primary for rules? not to ask to put myself there, theres no need. but there is for secondary and tertiary btu not primary

legend zero

Put me down for playtesting, and maybe for some basic card and field templates or designs.

GnKoichi

It might be easier to take the things people volunteered for and organize them into teams with leads. This will help us see where we are heavy (too many cooks) and where we are light and need volunteers. It's also good to break it up by time. For example. Rules & Mechanics Design should happen first, along with Creative Design/Fluff. Those two teams shouldn't share any primary members, I think. Then, afterwards, pretty much everyone can transition onto either Card Design or Artwork.

aardvark

Like I said, this is just a preliminary list. Things can change, like Ripz and card design. No art for Ripz.
Nothing concrete until after choices have been made. After mechanics has been decided then we'll look at this in greater detail.