News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Gods & Minions - card based dark fantasy warfare

Started by Malagar, January 08, 2013, 02:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

L5R solves that issue by having a deck with seperate from the deck with attachments.

A good idea would be having the relic cards already in play, but need to be 'unearthed'  by either fulfilling some condition or by spending gold. (An example would be that all relics start in play on locations and a hero need to move there and exhaust in order to pick it up.  In the same way, relics from slain heroes will lay on locations where the hero has been slain. Enemies can't pick up your relics)

Typherion

Quote from: Malagar on March 11, 2013, 01:39:03 AM
My former university professor is still proof-reading this thing. I hope to get most errors sorted out once he is finished. In the meantime, i will try to correct the things you pointed out.

please note that english is not my mother language.

I dont have a trademark for this project (and dont plan to get one), but you are allowed to use (c) to show the minimum protection of intellectual properity. the (c) was not meant to protect the name, rather the whole project. maybe i move it to another place.

Ok, I was aware that English wasn't your native language but I thought the document had already finished the editing stage because of the credits.

You don't have to register a mark for it to be a trademark. Simply using a mark in business can be enough for it to be a trademark. You are allowed to use "TM" to indicate this, but only owners of registered trademarks can use the "(R)" symbol. Registration provides the right to use the mark and prevent others from using it. But prior users of a trademark can't usually be prevented from continuing to use it just because someone else registers it later.

Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer and this isn't legal advice etc, etc.

Looking forward to seeing more of this game.

Malagar

QuoteOk, I was aware that English wasn't your native language but I thought the document had already finished the editing stage because of the credits.

Haha, i take this as a compliment! Originally, I wanted to wait until everything is finished but then decided to release it to the public. This was mostly done to have something to show to the people and attract some interested fans and possible-players.

QuoteYou don't have to register a mark for it to be a trademark. Simply using a mark in business can be enough for it to be a trademark. You are allowed to use "TM" to indicate this, but only owners of registered trademarks can use the "(R)" symbol. Registration provides the right to use the mark and prevent others from using it. But prior users of a trademark can't usually be prevented from continuing to use it just because someone else registers it later.

Ah, this sheds some light on the topic. thanks for that.

Im already working on a new version, changes so far:

* removed the cheating info (thanks for that, good point!)
* removed the drop shadow from the titles
* removed the excessive amount of (c) signs on each page (just not necessary).

Malagar

Once again I recommend our facebook page as there is the most activity and updates. You can also follow us on twitter (but facebook posts just look better).

http://facebook.godsandminions.com
http://twitter.godsandminions.com

Dragoon

Complaints about templates still stand (see earlier post)

Why does the locations have dots before keywords.

Use icons before trait words in text. Makes it more clear on those "Gains +1(M) melee unitl end of turn,"

Malagar

yeah im workin on it.

please don't reduce the layout to a "dot".

More to come, icons will be replaced, the coin on the upper left will be much cooler. My artist is adding lots of tiny tidbits ATM.

Rules and balancing will also change more in the future.

This will be a full-blown miniature wargame played with card.

Malagar

quick update: we are upgrading our icon set. but im currently unsure if thats a good idea. compare the icon styles in the attached picture. as "lame" as the simple icons look - they are much better to read then the artistically done versions.

what i learned is that most card game put readability over aesthetics

any feedback on this?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Dragoon

Quote from: Malagar on March 28, 2013, 03:52:55 PM
yeah im workin on it.

please don't reduce the layout to a "dot".

More to come, icons will be replaced, the coin on the upper left will be much cooler. My artist is adding lots of tiny tidbits ATM.

Rules and balancing will also change more in the future.

This will be a full-blown miniature wargame played with card.

But I meant the dot before the text in the text box. Either use dot for all rule texts, or don't use any dots. Be consistent.

r0cknes

Samples are way way better.  I think the new ones have very low red compared to the rest of the card.

Malagar

@Dragoon. Yes I understand. i meant please dont start nitpicking about such a tiny thing that a dot is. I know that there is still lots of stuff that must be changed on the templates. Its lots of work and takes enormous amounts of time. the previews where done to show off the card art. i did not have a chance to correct all templates yet.

besides that, keep the critque coming - your are always helpful.

@r0cknes. sorry i did not understand that. which ones do yo mean? and why "red"? the last sample posted was not about coloring of the cards. its about the black/white icons in comparison to greyscale ones. thanks for clearing things up.

r0cknes

I meant low resolution.  Stupid phone auto correct. I like the first ones better. The newer ones look like their resolution is too low. The original icons are not the best,  but they are the better option so far. They do seem cartoonish. I am guessing you are not going for that look.

Malagar

@r0cknes okay thanks.

Attached you find the next iteration of terrain templates. Please give me some feedback folks!

From my POV this will be the final version, as it looks good. Added lots of modifications and as you can see, the template looks good when using images with lots of green (typical for a land card), but also when using other colors. and it looks good in big size as well as in small size. everythings is readable and nicely arranged.

Also notice the cool continent/archipel texture above the title and underneath the textbox.

EDIT: The greenish coloring of the background does not fit every terrain image equally well. the easiest solution would be to turn the background into greyscale, because this removes the clashing colors. i could also soften the green aspect or tint the background textures depending on what terrain is displayed. hmm...

EDIT 2: also think that I will remove that white shadow from the keyword in the middle and turn the text into bold instead.

I will no redo all templates for the game - but like to hear your comments first.

thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]