News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Space Theme Card Game

Started by r0cknes, February 01, 2013, 12:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dabem

Sorry I've been a bit absent from the boards since it's been a busy month.

Progress could be a gear icon. Combat could be a gun shape.

This seems to be becoming very similar to game of thrones in the challenge mechanics. I would hate for this to become 'game of galactic thrones'. Do you still make challenges on specific locations or planets? Making specific attacks combined with the missions system sounds like it could be different enough to seem novel to me.

r0cknes

I have never played game of thrones, but i have read the rule book. I know there are similarities to game of thrones,  but the winning conditions is much much different. You have to complete missions. The best I can describe the theme is that you are a puppet master, who influences several races in completing small tasks (missions) to give you more strength as a puppet master of the galaxy as a whole. You're agenda is just to be the most prominent puppet master.  The missions just help you do that.

Although I like the gear idea better than the arrow,  I still don't think that is it. Anyone else dislike the explosion for combat? And I need another word other than progress. It makes sense, but i wonder if there is a word that fits the theme a little better.

Dan55

For combat, I've always liked the cross and circle of a rifle scope.

Malagar

Here is a pointer for you r0cknes (and all others of course - but mainly for my lackeyCCG forum comrade)
- check out these icons:

http://www.game-icons.net

1000+ game icons, free of charge (even for commercial projects), highly professional and easy to download

r0cknes

Thank you very much.  I will check it out. Icons have always been a pain for me.

Also the background for your avatar is what I need instead of this awful sheet metal on the card. Any chance you have that somewhere on your computer?

Malagar

Well, you will have to show some initative on yourself. Just do a google image search on various background themes. Then check the source of the image (is it royality free?). So far I can recommend wallpaper sites, as long as you are using the image for non-commercial purpose. No one will care.

And add a rounded, black border to your cards - together with a better background, this will lift your design a whole level.

Dabem

Progress could be called development, or advancement.