News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Magic The Gathering Problem

Started by LukeTheGreat1, February 07, 2013, 07:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LukeTheGreat1

Alright When I go to download it whether its High quality or medium quality. I run into a "Time out Error" Now .. Don't tell me the following cause I've attempted it.
1)Disabled firewall
2)Redownload and update(multiple times)
3)Try both high and medium quality
4)It downloads all the other card games but Magic
5)Looked for a zip folder for LackeyCCG

I cannot locate a zip folder of Magic card game to download and do it manually if that is possible a link would be greatful. I'm stumped on how to fix this so any help would be greatly appreciated. Other useful information is I have Windows.
Screenshot included

Bort

The website has exceeded its monthly bandwidth limit. I'll see if I can fix it. Anyone have webspace with a healthy bandwidth limit?

innuendo

LukeTheGreat1

Quote from: innuendo on February 08, 2013, 12:34:21 AM
how big is the plugin bort?
Well a alternative way to obtain it like makin it a ZIP file to manually put it into LackeyCCG would also solve it. Wanted to know if theres another way or the way above.. Like to play Magic since only game I was really interested in sadly >.>

Bort

The plugin is less than 100MB. I'd like to be able to ftp in to upload things too. You know of someone who can host it?

ani-mayhem

Alastair

BitTorrent wouldn't work on a plugin like magic that's regularly updated. Within a month or two you'd have several different versions of it floating around and people would be posting about not being able to play with others because of version mismatches or cards not being the same from one player to the other.

LukeTheGreat1

Quote from: Alastair on February 09, 2013, 12:50:33 PM
BitTorrent wouldn't work on a plugin like magic that's regularly updated. Within a month or two you'd have several different versions of it floating around and people would be posting about not being able to play with others because of version mismatches or cards not being the same from one player to the other.
Soooo... Otherwise.... Nothing? Can be done I mean shoot down other ideas but atleast make an alternative if possible.

innuendo

Quote from: Bort on February 09, 2013, 01:34:19 AM
The plugin is less than 100MB. I'd like to be able to ftp in to upload things too. You know of someone who can host it?

yeah bort, I sent you a PM

Bort

Thanks to innuendo, the magic plugin is back online. BUT people need to use the new autoupdate URL.

You can either:

Refresh the plugin finder list with the "Find plugins with Plugin Finder" button, and then use the "Install or Update this plugin" button.

OR

Paste in either http://www.siegescg.com/magicthegathering/high/updatelist.txt or http://www.siegescg.com/magicthegathering/medium/updatelist.txt (for high or medium, respectively) and then click the "Install or Update from URL" button.

Only after you do either of these things will installation/updating and automatic version checking work. After you do this once, you shouldn't have to do it again.