News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Trouble with text entry fields--Please Help!

Started by Ensis, January 23, 2011, 08:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ensis

whenever I put my cursor in any field, a bunch of equals signs begin to appear.  (=========)I can still type, but it comes out in between the equals.  the equals also don't stop coming.  I can backspace or delete them, but not fast enough to keep up. 

I don't think it's my keyboard--It doesn't do this in any other program. 

Trevor

Is this repeatable? Does this happen after immediately after you relaunch Lackey? Do you have a standard US keyboard?

Ensis

It's happened every time I've opened the software. 
I have a dell inspiron 1501 laptop, never messed with the keyboard.

Trevor

Ensis

nope.  I can type more equals, but it doesn't stop them coming. 
I also notice that when I hold down the shift key, they become plusses. 
I guess that means that it must be something to do with my keyboard, but why would it only occur in Lackey and no other programs?

Trevor

Quote from: Ensis on January 24, 2011, 08:32:08 AM
nope.  I can type more equals, but it doesn't stop them coming. 
I also notice that when I hold down the shift key, they become plusses. 
I guess that means that it must be something to do with my keyboard, but why would it only occur in Lackey and no other programs?
It could be some conflict with some other program, or maybe some driver on your computer is out of date. Most of the time things like this are reported it turns out to be one of those 2 issues. Try updating your drivers. Try running your computer in a mode that disables all other processes (so there is nothing to cause a conflict).

Ensis

Okay, I tried it in safe mode and with no other programs running--no dice. 
still full of equals signs. 

Ensis

also, my windows is up to date, what kind of drivers could it be?

Trevor

It's usually opengl drivers.

Want to talk to me on AIM and I can troubleshoot? I'm Lykos4 on AIM.

Picks-at-Flies

I had that problem with one version. It went after updating to the next, so if in doubt reinstall.

Xenocide

This is a really old post, so I guess not enough people have had the same problem for it to matter, but my girlfriend has the same problem with the equal signs still, and she also has a Dell.