New version of Lackey available for testing. You must read this post to use it

Started by Trevor, February 14, 2013, 12:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nava

Mac OS X version (after the manual SDL_Sound.framework install). Here are the first things I noticed:

Deck Editor:

• If a filter is selected and a second filter with the same reference (e.g. both shall filter "sets") is created Lackey freezes somehow and does not accept Keyboard or Mouse input in the window pane.
  • Edit filter: switches always back to "contains" regardless of selection.
  • If View Tiled is selected with a lot of cards, the card images will overlap the lower part with the button for turning it off.

Game area:

• Support for Umlauts and non-qwerty keyboards missing
  • Right-Click on a card or zone does not reveal a context menu
  • Change players stat is difficult to use with games that have higher stats; will not accept anything beyond 99999.

Trevor

Quote from: DrQwerty on March 08, 2013, 04:39:52 AM
Try to add support to .svg files or use directories like gnu/linux do with the icons:

images/interface/*

to

images/interface/svg/*
images/interface/16/*
images/interface/24/*
images/interface/32/*

etc.

Because this:

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/4771/72972760.png
Are those custom images? Send them to me and I can test stuff.

Trevor

Quote from: Nava on March 08, 2013, 06:07:37 AM
Mac OS X version (after the manual SDL_Sound.framework install). Here are the first things I noticed:
What exactly did you do to install it?
Deck Editor:

• If a filter is selected and a second filter with the same reference (e.g. both shall filter "sets") is created Lackey freezes somehow and does not accept Keyboard or Mouse input in the window pane.
  • Edit filter: switches always back to "contains" regardless of selection.
  • If View Tiled is selected with a lot of cards, the card images will overlap the lower part with the button for turning it off.
Can you post a screenshot illustrating this. Escape key also exits tiled mode.
[/list]

Game area:

• Support for Umlauts and non-qwerty keyboards missing
  • Right-Click on a card or zone does not reveal a context menu
  • Change players stat is difficult to use with games that have higher stats; will not accept anything beyond 99999.
I don't think many games will use/need stats above 99999. I mean, obviously I need to draw the line somewhere, and I think 99999 is a pretty reasonable limit.
[/list]

The deck editor filters is a new addition (this week) and I am still working on it. Thanks for the feedback.

Regarding non-qwerty keyboards, please see my post in this thread requesting 000Debug.txt logs.

Some right-click context menus were removed. Some changed. To reveal the top X cards of your library, double-click the corresponding zone tab.

Sydnelson

All posts of previous version persist, now a DOS window open in backgroud try to loading several program resources.

Nava

Quote from: Trevor on March 08, 2013, 06:26:58 AM
Some right-click context menus were removed. Some changed. To reveal the top X cards of your library, double-click the corresponding zone tab.

Ahh! Now I see - didn't find and thought it was an error. The "reveal" functionality is fine either way, one problem is that with context menus is was easy to set counters on non focused cards, now I have to select them and then to click the button. Second thing is, what happens then with the Card functions that have a <includeasbutton>no? Those will not be accessible until plugin maker will update.

A minor glitch: If you have to many deck zones the target zones do overlap the boundaries.

I don't think many games will use/need stats above 99999. I mean, obviously I need to draw the line somewhere, and I think 99999 is a pretty reasonable limit.

Not for Tribbles: We really do often add point values like 256317 or even more... Could we have 999999, that would help a lot

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

DrQwerty

np

Edit: with the 64px ver. this wont happen so I think was a problem of the low resolution resource.

Nava

Quote from: Nava on March 08, 2013, 06:07:37 AM
What exactly did you do to install it?
I got hold of a SDL_Sound.framework used for another project (https://www.assembla.com/spaces/SDL_sound_CoreAudio/), copied it to /Library/Frameworks and restarted LackeyCCG...

DrQwerty

Can you fix these text boxes?

Edit: NVM, the latest one works different.

Edit again: I don't like the new filter window, it's overkill.

The_Geisterbaer

Hello there!

First of all I'd like to thank Trevor for providing such a good plattform for creating and playing CCGs. I wasn't quite sure where to put this, since there is some overlap with questions concerning the creation of a plugin, but I decided that this section was slightly better than the "plugin creation" sub-forum.

I've toyed around with the re-creation of the BattleTech plugin that already exists, since the one that floats around obviously uses an outdated format and - at least to me - isn't quite satisfactory in terms of usability. While creating my plugin files I've come across some things:

• I do know that I could make changes to the appearance of Lackey, but that doesn't change the fact that the default skin (and some of the additional ones as well) suffer from bad color choices (at least for the Windows version): the currently active button of a drop down menu on any given tab uses white on a light grey which is very unfriendly for one's eyes. Same goes for the various filter options for cards on the lower left of the Deck Editor tab and the coloring of active column titles for grids. The only skin that didn't force me to instantly change color settings was the "itunes" one.
  • The plugin creation FAQ lists the various parameters for general and card functions. Unfortunately there is no documented card function that provides similar possibilities as the general function TRANSFERCARD where I can determine whether or not a card enters the table area face up or down (potentially by overriding the "play" option that appears in the context menu for cards). Ofc there are workarounds (either turning the card on that "hand" gamezone and then playing it or by putting the card "on top" and transfering it from there), but I wouldn't consider that good in terms of game flow.
  • The text output within the log always uses the default text associated with the general / card function that is used. It would be nice if it were possible to provide a log text as part of the function's definition.
  • While I accept that using a "toggle" mechanism in the card function TOGGLETURNALLIMMUNITY is convenient from a programmer's perspective, it's rather annoying from a game design perspective, particularly when the interface doesn't show the current card state (except for that tiny red square one has to notice). It would be preferable to have well defined card states with something like SETTURNALLIMMUNITYON and SETTURNALLIMMUNITYOFF ... pretty much how MAKERIGHT[X]DEGREES functions always end with a defined state, regardless of the previous card state.
  • It would be really fantastic if the carddata.txt were to use a fourth evaluated column that allows to pre-define (comma separated) card states for the situation when a card enters the table area, e.g. SETTURNALLIMMUNITYON,MAKERIGHT0DEGREES for a card that should enter play "tapped" and "untap immune". This again would be a gaming convenience that removes the burden of using several consecutive functions from the players during a game.

~hmm~ seems like No. 5 and parts of 2 and 4 are availible as "scripting" (going by the thread I just found) ... Will have to try that ...

Edit: So now I tried the script functions (you might want to update the FAQ with info on that), thus ..

• original No. 5 is off the list.
  • original No. 2 is still on my wish list, because the script function always plays the card in question face down and - at least for a "correct" BT plugin - it would be necessary to have the choice between playing a card face up or face down without a longer sequence of player actions.
  • original No. 4 becomes a low priority suggestion, since using the "I"-script without providing a card function to remove the card state will work ... at least for my attempt of recreating BT. However, from a perspective for propper programming and propper game design, I'd still suggest having two destinct functions for setting and removing the immunity state instead of (just) a toggling one

Trevor

Quote from: Nava on March 08, 2013, 06:46:48 AM

Ahh! Now I see - didn't find and thought it was an error. The "reveal" functionality is fine either way, one problem is that with context menus is was easy to set counters on non focused cards, now I have to select them and then to click the button. Second thing is, what happens then with the Card functions that have a <includeasbutton>no? Those will not be accessible until plugin maker will update.

A minor glitch: If you have to many deck zones the target zones do overlap the boundaries.

Not for Tribbles: We really do often add point values like 256317 or even more... Could we have 999999, that would help a lot
I allowed 999999 to fit for the stats. I added the right-click menus (in addition to the new double-click stuff). I'm fixing the issue where the zone buttons don't fit with some plugins with lots of zones.

eli124

I'm using a mac running 10.6, and whenever I try to open this new version it tells me it can't be opened because of a problem.

Myridden

Been testing a little bit - found one of the bugs that exists in the current live version is still in the new pre-release version as well:

In the text input window, type:

/p1s2+1

Should increase player 1, custom stat 2 by 1 point.  Instead sets = 1.

Also the keypress monitor looks like it's catching the = key.  (Shift + the = key is the + sign on my keyboard)

Here's the bit from the monitor window:

sym->scancode:56        ScanName:/      KeyName:/
sym->scancode:19        ScanName:P      KeyName:P
sym->scancode:30        ScanName:1      KeyName:1
sym->scancode:22        ScanName:S      KeyName:S
sym->scancode:31        ScanName:2      KeyName:2
sym->scancode:225       ScanName:Left Shift     KeyName:Left Shift
sym->scancode:46        ScanName:=      KeyName:=
sym->scancode:40        ScanName:Return KeyName:Return

Even more interesting, typing

/p1s2-3

Sets the 2nd custom stat = 3.  Regardless of what operator you attempt to use, the result is equal to the number you supply.

More monitor window goodness:

sym->scancode:45        ScanName:-      KeyName:-
sym->scancode:32        ScanName:3      KeyName:3

I'm attempting to create a chat button that increases a counter by one and advances to the next phase. 

/p1s2+1;/nextphase

But the counter gets set to 1 every time instead of incrementing by 1. 

Regards,

Myridden

Trevor

Quote from: Myridden on April 12, 2013, 03:53:35 PM
Been testing a little bit - found one of the bugs that exists in the current live version is still in the new pre-release version as well:

In the text input window, type:

/p1s2+1

Should increase player 1, custom stat 2 by 1 point.  Instead sets = 1.

Also the keypress monitor looks like it's catching the = key.  (Shift + the = key is the + sign on my keyboard)

Here's the bit from the monitor window:

sym->scancode:225       ScanName:Left Shift     KeyName:Left Shift
sym->scancode:46        ScanName:=      KeyName:=

Even more interesting, typing

/p1s2-3

Sets the 2nd custom stat = 3.  Regardless of what operator you attempt to use, the result is equal to the number you supply.

More monitor window goodness:

sym->scancode:45        ScanName:-      KeyName:-
sym->scancode:32        ScanName:3      KeyName:3

I'm attempting to create a chat button that increases a counter by one and advances to the next phase. 

/p1s2+1;/nextphase

But the counter gets set to 1 every time instead of incrementing by 1. 

Regards,

Myridden
The scancode is just for debugging non-qwerty keyboards.

Regarding the /p1s2+1 bug, I just fixed that and I will post the fix soon. Thanks for pointing it out.

Trevor

Astan92

Just downloaded it and got the pictured error. I am on Mac 10.8.3. The second attached is the error report. Hope this helps.