News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Some Ideas for Lackey.

Started by Johnny Blaze, February 26, 2013, 10:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Blaze

This has been on my mind for awhile and thought i might bring a couple possibillities for Lackey. First an observation, I have noticed that nowadays the majority of Lackey users play Magic on the server, which is no big deal , BUT in the recent past i have tryed with no luck to get people outside of the Lackey program to play L5R on it and everyone i asked said NO, the reason being they say the plugin sucks because no one upkeeps the plugin so they play on Egg of Pan Ku, which by the way is a shitty program to play on, but they keep it up to date. There are many great plugins on Lackey that would see more people using them if they were current and up to date. So my idea is this, and i would pay to see this. Have you thought of maybe when Lackey goes out of Beta to possibly paying people to upkeep the plugins, kind of like a incentive for people with the ability to stay on top of new sets in a plugin, as a Prime example, look at how BORT keeps the Magic plugin up and running. I would pay 50 bucks to get a bug free up to date Lackey, with up to date plugins, and our plugin makers might see more people playing the games and that might keep them interested in keeping that plugin going. ALSO i gotta say it would be Really nice to have a distinct and not so clunky DRAFT utility, maybe something like on MTGO. The current way of drafting gives me a headache. Anyway, just a couple ideas that would be nice to see

Trevor

Updating plugins is pretty easy to do, so anyone can do it. I don't like the idea of me paying people to do it. Managing all the plugins is a whole lot of work and I have my hands full with the coding. I also prefer not to play favorites with any plugin or support one more than another.
If you think money will do the trick, feel free to offer money to people who update a plugin you like.

As fas as drafting goes, let me know if you have more specific ideas for improvements. Please keep them general rather than plugin specific.

Johnny Blaze

Thats just the thing tho. One plugin Dominates on the Server, Magic, And NO updating plugins must not be that easy or we would have a majority of up to date plugins. And the thing about having several people doing the same plugin or plugins it gets confusing, and some plugins dont get the same cards or what have you updated on them.Im just trying to see that OTHER plugins have a chance, i would like to play other plugins but they arent up to date, and im in no position to update them im not a computer programmer and i dont want to be.

Trevor

It doesn't take a computer programmer to update a plugin. As a matter of fact, programming has nothing to do with updating a plugin and knowledge of programming wouldn't help at all. All you need is basic competence with a spreadsheet program (like excel) to add the new cards to the spreadsheet card data file. And the other thing is just finding the card image files. That is likely very easy for most plugins with one or two google searches.

As far as creating a plugin from scratch, that also has nothing to do with programming. It just requires reading a fairly straightforward tutorial. http://lackeyccg.com/tutorialplugin.html