News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Star Wars Decipher

Started by Howl, January 25, 2010, 09:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howl

i say we get something started with the star wars decipher game ....  it is one of the most original games EVER and even though my Knowledge in star wars may be grand the game itself still holds its questions to be answered so if anyone is up for  game or if a veteran is willing to teach newer or completely new players .. please post post soething here.

Ness1066

Well I played this game from its birth to its death, though I don't know much about the new Virtual Cards.  I'd sure like to play it again, so let me know if anything happens with this

Gargantuan420

Hecks ya I would love to play. Me and a friend had a booster draft not too long ago over lackey and had a blast. Ahhh the memories.

Howl

sweet juss tell me a time and ill see what i can do

thechadnc

I just downloaded this today and loaded up the cards for Decipher's SWCCG. The server seems to be down today, but i think, since it's a holiday, the owner of the server may be on retreat. When the server does come back up,  would love to get back into it. 

Cyrus

i've been trying to get back into this on Holotable but would love to do it on Lackey as well. I used to play before Special Edition came out but haven't really played much since then (besides a couple games with cards around the house, so, still nothing new).

Just throwing it out there, would anyone want to "relive the magic" so to speak of this game? What I mean by that is this:
We start playing with only cards from premier
Next month add a New Hope
and next add Hoth
And so on and so forth until all of the sets are added? Might be a fun format to get back into the game with.
That's not a deal breaker for me though, I'd be willing to just jump in as well.

EDIT: Just played this game for the first time in years with all the new cards and stuff and all I can say is wow... people who don't like this game are seriously missing out on some amazing gaming because it looks complicated. So much fun.

Russ8am

hey Cyrus that sounds great. SW CCG was 1 of the 1st ccg's i collected (still have a lot of sets in my collection), but never got to play alot. I still have to learn Lackey a lil better, played 1st game of MTG and now ready for more ccg's.

Cyrus

If we could get a group of people willing to play with cards only as they're "released" i wouldn't mind running a site or even just a thread here announcing when the sets are "released" and trying to organize monthly tournaments or something like that.

Avi

I might be up for your idea Cyrus.

Cyrus

to start we could all just make decks using only cards from Premier and play with those. If it catches on cool if not we'll at least get some fun nostalgic games out of it. I'll make mine now :)

EDIT: Alright, I have a Light Side Premier-Only deck ready to play if someone makes a Dark Side one

EDIT 2: I assumed the cards from the starter decks were allowed too since they came out with Premier. A good way to see only these cards is to put "Set - Contains - Premier" then "Set - Doesn't Contain - Enhanced" so you don't get the Enhanced Premier cards like Luke with Lightsaber. Working on my DS deck now :)

Russ8am

I will work on a dark side premier deck, maybe try it this weekend.

Cyrus

I work til 9pm and 8pm on the weekends unless you mean tomorrow (Friday). Also, pacific time, which I don't think many of you are. But, hopefully we can work out a time to play anyway. My LS deck is kinda neat, nothing to special though

Russ8am

hey Cyrus, i'm in pacific time ,too. i work days just got home. i am going to throw a deck together in just a bit. now are we playing by original premier rules, like if it had just released or the updated rules? i need to brush up on which ever. and let me know some times u r available. Hopefully later tonight, i should be able to play.

Cyrus

I'm available all night tonight after liiiiike 6:30 or so (just giving myself time for dinner haha). Honestly I don't know a lot of what has been updated in the rules, although I think we should play with up-to-date errata or else we'll have to introduce the errata ourselves once we realize why they were changed in the first place, lol.
Do you prefer to use Holotable or Lackey? I'm good either way for tonight, although I have to say Holotable is a much better system for Star Wars specifically

Russ8am

Dark deck finally done. check to see if i'm on later like after 8.