News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Need Plugins for UFS and 24 TCG

Started by Ancient Yautja, March 12, 2013, 02:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancient Yautja

I think all of the previously posted download links for the Plugins of these 2 card games are dead, megaupload and multiupload are currently defunct.

I'll double check again for Universal Fighting System but I am sure the original source for 24 TCG is dead since Geocities had been long shutdown.

If anyone still have the latest and most up to date version Plugins for either of these 2 card games please reupload them or PM me, thanks!!

jorch72

The UFS is currently being redeveloped by PDKoma.

I have the 24 TCG images, if you want to try and make a plugin?

let me know.

Ancient Yautja

Thanks.

I however have very little to no experience in playing 24 TCG and because the game died out so quickly I felt I missed it. I even missed the previous plugin for it, but I assume it's completely lost or completely incompatible with the latest version of the LackeyCCG engine as of now.

Can you PM me the link or post it here for all of the images to 24 TCG?

I'll be honest about it, I virtually have no experience what so ever in creating plugins.

Much less I have never actually played 24 TCG previously although very much wanted to being a diehard fan of the show, thus I have no clue on how to make a plugin for it in the first place. If someone can make one after they have acquired all of the images that would be great.

As for UFS I guess I'll just check back on it by PMing PDKoma  8).

If that game is ongoing and very much alive chances are the plugin will receive constant updates every so now and then. I can wait on that one.

I also have a modified plugin for Aliens vs Predator CCG if you are anyone is interested  ;).

jorch72

Quote from: Ancient Yautja on March 29, 2013, 01:55:23 PMCan you PM me the link or post it here for all of the images to 24 TCG?
Sure...

Quote from: Ancient Yautja on March 29, 2013, 01:55:23 PMI'll be honest about it, I virtually have no experience what so ever in creating plugins.
The great thing about lackey is that you don't really need much experience!!!
All you need is a couple of text files!
The really hard one is the one with all the text for the cards. Maybe if you searched around you can find the text and don't even have to do it by hand!
If you are really interested, I can send you a template and all you would have to do is add the card text to a tab separated file.

I'm currently working on 3 plugins: AOE, Rifts and Saint Seya.

Quote from: Ancient Yautja on March 29, 2013, 01:55:23 PMMuch less I have never actually played 24 TCG previously although very much wanted to being a diehard fan of the show, thus I have no clue on how to make a plugin for it in the first place. If someone can make one after they have acquired all of the images that would be great.
I haven't played any of those games also! But that isn't stopping me! Once the plugin is available, it's easier to get people to play it.

Quote from: Ancient Yautja on March 29, 2013, 01:55:23 PMI also have a modified plugin for Aliens vs Predator CCG if you are anyone is interested  ;).
What did you modify??
I'm interested?
One of my future proyects is to make an Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator plugin! They all use the same system and there are even some scenarios for that! I've just read your other post, and see that you already did that! all I have to do is get it! Thanks!

Ancient Yautja

Quote from: jorch72 on April 01, 2013, 05:22:04 PM
Quote from: Ancient Yautja on March 29, 2013, 01:55:23 PMI also have a modified plugin for Aliens vs Predator CCG if you are anyone is interested  ;).
What did you modify??
I'm interested?
One of my future proyects is to make an Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator plugin! They all use the same system and there are even some scenarios for that! I've just read your other post, and see that you already did that! all I have to do is get it! Thanks!

All I really did was remove the Terminator CCG stuff from the current plugin as well as the fanmade unofficial stuff (CityScape, Pandemic and some other misc fanmade AvP CCG card sets), with only exceptions to the Atmosphere expansion set since it was technically official because there was an official spoiler document that was leaked and released to the public.

But HarperPrism did not authorize the Atmosphere set to be printed and the CCG eventually died and was never picked up again.

Basically I wanted the plugin to be totally focused on 'legal' and 'official' AvP CCG cards and not AvP vs Terminator CCG or fanmade material, and it's not that I have anything against them.

I rather modify and make a separate Plugin for Terminator so it becomes much more focused on that game than playing the more complex crossover scenarios with Aliens Predator CCG.

Ajezla

Would it be possible to use the card images from the OCTGN plugin for UFS, or does OCTGN use a completely different type of format?

jorch72

Quote from: Ajezla on April 26, 2013, 01:09:51 AM
Would it be possible to use the card images from the OCTGN plugin for UFS, or does OCTGN use a completely different type of format?
Octgn files are just .zip files. you can rename the .ogs to .zip and open them. The set files are just image files, normally .jpg, so you can certainly extract them and use them. But it'll take a lot more effort to make a lackey plugin from an Octgn one.

bye

Ajezla

At this point, saying it will take more effort to convert from OCTGN to Lackey sounds like a lazy copout tbh. It would be a lot easier at the very least to use the card images from the UFS OCTGN plugin, because the card images are complete. How hard would it be to use the images otherwise? Scanning cards? Downloading what images you can scrounge up from the Net? Doing either of the other two options would take far longer imo.

Building a plugin is not that hard either, I've already started building one for UFS. All I was concerned about was how to translate the images into a usable fashion. I still have to create all the phases and buttons and crap, but that would take maybe a week or two. I can zip it all up and post it in the forums later. Viola, plugin done.

Frankly, since OCTGN is going to a subscription format for matchmaking in the future, the only common platform for playing many games not on Lackey will be gone. Once the sub version launches, none of the current OCTGN plugins will work either. The devs have said that all of them will have to be redone, which means that a lot of tcgs being played by that community will disappear (several plugin authors for OCTGN have gone AWOL).

Now is the time to farm OCTGN of any plugins for complete image sets before the new version launches and the old plugins are taken down. There are probably 6-12 games on OCTGN that are not on Lackey, and several of them I have seen requests for on the forums.