News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Star Wars - The Card Game (LCG) [26/08/13]

Started by Jynks, March 23, 2013, 08:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jynks

The Star Wars LCG - Plugin for LackeyCCG is ready for Beta Testing!

This is BETA.. so there can be come problems still.. please let me know. Everything should be working.. but there could be some card data errors and possible some broken image links for the cards.

If you see anything.. tell me or it will not get fixed (well at least until I notice it)

I'll play some games and possibly add some new functions or features before the beta is done.

If you want a change.. then let me know!

================
= Installation =
================

1) Open LackyCCG
2) Click "Preferences"
3) Click "Plugin" Tab
5) Select STARWARS-LCG in the drop down labeled "Select a Plugin to Install or update"
6) Press "Install or Update"

Your done!

=========
= Usage =
=========

Finally got around to doing the detailed tutorial on how to use this plugin...

Here is a video tutorial on the plugin usage!

Playlist
  *  Installation and Setup
  *  Plugin Usage
  *  Deck Editor

===================
= Default HotKeys =
===================

CTRL + CLICK = Flip Card to other side
SHIFT + MOUSE OVER = Peak at other side of card

ALT+Q - Add Focus Token
ALT+W - Remove Focus Token
ALT+A - Add Damage Token
ALT+S - Remove Damage Token
ALT+Z - Add Shield Token
ALT+X - Remove Shield Token

F1 - Refresh All (Untap)
F2 - Draw Card to Hand
F3 - Draw Objective

F4 - Next Turn
F5 - Previous Phase
F6 - Next Phase

ALT+F - Flip Coin
ALT+R - Roll Dice

ALT+1 - Draw Toggle
ALT+2 - Clear Drawings

ALT+Space (Clear All Markers)
CTRL+D = Draw 6
CTRL+M = Mulligan

UPDATE

If you have any problems, try completely deleting the StarWars-LCG directory form the plugins folder and re-downloading it fomr the menu in preferences. Remeber to backup your decks!

==============
= Latest  Version =
==============

Beta v0.7

UPDATE

If you have any problems, try completely deleting the StarWars-LCG directory form the plugins folder and re-downloading it form the menu in preferences. Remember to backup your decks!

Beta v0.7

--- ADDED: Hoth 05 - Battle of Hoth
--- ADDED: New Font for Token Overlays

--- CHANGED: Objectives are now at the base of the cards (when you see you will know what I mean)
--- CHANGED: The colours of the Token Fonts
--- CHANGED: The Positions of the Tokens Fonts
--- CHANGED: Objective Backs are now match the correct position of the Objective Fronts

Big shout out out to holliday88 for all his help to keep this updated!

NOTE:

LackeyCCG is going through some teething problems due to the integration of Pad Support for iOS and Android. Currently the Plugin Finder is disabled.

To install the plugin or update it.. copy this link and paste it in to the NEW TAB called plugin next to the server tab. You will see a text input area... enter the url (you can just copy the link and then click "paste url" then hit the install button.

I know this is more of a hassle than before, but the plugin finder will be back soon!

Alastair

Could always work together on it.  Maintaining a plugin can be alot of work, which might not seem as bad if spread out among people.

Jynks

I'll not be maintaining it regardless. I'm making it as an exercise and for a mate. If anyone want to take over the maintenance of the plug in after.. then they can

Jynks

Is there a way to "highlight" a card in lackey? Like place a nice red or blue boarder around a card on the table.. select it and then click something to highlight?

r0cknes

I looked over the card functions and I didn't see anything?  In regard to this plugin  what do you need it for?  Maybe we can think of something else?

Jynks

I sent you a pm yesterday with the cardtext file to fill out. i have done all the jedi and the 1st sith.. if you would liek to help do that

r0cknes

Hmmm... I got a pm from you but it didn't say anything about a card text file. I would be glad to help. I had the imperial navy already done, so all that would be left really would be the rebel alliance. Go ahead and try to send it again or just link it on the board.

Jynks

Ok I have done most of the plugin for Star Wars. I still have not entered all the card data... but I have done all the LS Cards.

This is the UI at the moment... (Click for Large)

For those that have not used lackey before it is very different from OCTGN. There is NO AUTOMATION of any sort, and the way it looks is very customizable. I like a huge card view.. but you can make that any size you like. Also the game uses independent scale setting... so unlike OCTGN you do not need the cards to be the same size...

For example this same board could look like this...and play with someone who looks like the last screen.

I hate the card backs in this game so I used the art from the card sleeves... if anyone has better pics for these let me know.

Also as the damage counters have a number on it.. they are confusing so i have used this explosion image. It will most likely be moved so it isn't at the top of the card.. but if people prefer the red octogon thing but with no number I can use that still. Also my scanner wouldn't work.. so i had to source the shield marker from my camera :(

Anyway.. this is where I am... the plugin is about 90% done. All I need to do is enter the card data and tweak a few things and it can be released.
Lackey comes with a very good deck editor.. so I have split the card data into sections so it is easy to sort and search toughj for various things.

These are the filters you can use in the deck editor.

Name, Set, Affiliation, PoD, Faction, Unique, Type, Sub Types, Resource, Cost, Force, Health, Blaster (B), Bomb (B), Tactics (B), Blaster (W), Bomb (W), Tactics (W), Keyword, Enhance, Speed, Text.

So you could sort the card pool by how many black tactic icons the card has, or just list every card that is a interrupt.. etc etc etc. The PoD column is card numbers.. eg.. 13.1,13.2,13.3,13.4,13.5,13.6... So constructing a deck is as simple as selecting your Pods, sorting it but number and dragging all six together (as they will be in order)

r0cknes

Pure genius as usual tragic. The shield is fine. I can just scan mine and update it after I take it over. Or if I get a moment I will post it here before you post the plugin.

Jynks

The beta version of the plugin is ready to use... I have only added all the cards from CORE for now. There is some interest form a 3rd party at the LackeyCCG forum to keep this plugin maintained.. but it might be better if ti was maintained by a CardGameDB user I think, if someone wants to take it up.

Anyway.. here is the beta
Right Click Copy Link Location, then paste it into the plugin update URL box in lackey

I'm going to make a short LackeyCCG (Star Wars LCG) - Tutorial, then I'll update this thread and edit the front page, and update teh title to beta.

Have fun and let me know what you think.

r0cknes

I got a timed out error.

************EDIT**************

Never mind it worked after I restarted my computer.

Jynks

UPDATED ORIGINAL POST TOP LATEST VERSION

The Star Wars LCG - Plugin for LackeyCCG is ready for Beta Testing! This is BETA.. so there can be come problems still.. please let me know. Everything should be working.. but there could be some card data errors and possible some broken image links for the cards. If you see anything.. tell me or it will not get fixed (well at least until I notice it)

I'll play some games and possibly add some new functions or features before the beta is done.

If you want a change.. then let me know!

================
= Installation =
================

1) Open LackyCCG
2) Click "Preferences"
3) Click "Plugin" Tab
4) Right Click this link and choose "Copy Link Location"
4) Paste the link into the white box next to the button "Install or Update from URL"
5) Click the button "Install or Update from URL"
6) Press "Browse Installed Plugins"
7) Select "StarWars-LCG"
8) Click "Choose"

=========
= Usage =
=========

Made a really quick youtube video for this. It is uploading now.. will add the URL when ready.

===================
= Default HotKeys =
===================

CTRL + CLICK = Flip Card to other side
SHIFT + MOUSE OVER = Peak at other side of card

ALT+Q - Add Focus Token
ALT+W - Remove Focus Token
ALT+A - Add Damage Token
ALT+S - Remove Damage Token
ALT+Z - Add Shield Token
ALT+X - Remove Shield Token

F1 - Refresh All (Untap)
F2 - Draw Card to Hand
F3 - Draw Edge Battle Card
F4 - Draw Encounter

F5 - Next Turn
F6 - Previous Phase
F7 - Next Phase

ALT+F - Flip Coin
ALT+R - Roll Dice

ALT+1 - Draw Toggle
ALT+2 - Clear Drawings

r0cknes

I am a little unsure why you have a draw edge card command. Don't you play edge battle cards from your hand? You don't want them coming from your command deck which is random.

If this is the way people have played this game then I can see why there has been so much hate for the edge battle, calling it "just like war". The current rule book says to play the edge cards from your hand.

Did you have a different purpose for that command?

Jynks

No that is just a plugin error... I'll fix that asap.. they should be chosen and played directly form the hand.

Jynks

This was done when the edge battle error was included. To do edge battles just drag them to desktop holding CONTROL down and they will go to the desktop face down or use CTRL+CLICK to flip the card in your hand face down, before you drag to table.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1MfbGcSo8Y