News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Can you set default UI colour setup?

Started by Jynks, March 27, 2013, 05:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jynks

Can a plugin author set a colour setup for the plugin to use by default? So when the plugin is installed it also installs a preset file and loads it?

Trevor

What you can do is include a pluginpreferences.txt with your updatelist.txt, but it is VERY important that you make the check sum -1 (or was it 0? I forget off hand). Setting the check sum to that assures that the file will never be downloaded it there is any file locally with that name. Without this check sum fix, you would be overwriting a person's plugin preferences every time they updated. But if they don't have any pluginpreferences, as would be the case with a new plugin install, this should give them some initial settings.

Jynks

Jynks

Quote from: Trevor on March 27, 2013, 04:09:51 PM
What you can do is include a pluginpreferences.txt with your updatelist.txt, but it is VERY important that you make the check sum -1 (or was it 0? I forget off hand). Setting the check sum to that assures that the file will never be downloaded it there is any file locally with that name. Without this check sum fix, you would be overwriting a person's plugin preferences every time they updated. But if they don't have any pluginpreferences, as would be the case with a new plugin install, this should give them some initial settings.

Can you confirm this please with exactly how to do it. I have tried -1 and 0 and it seams to update everytime... imo.. allowing plugin makers to set a default colours woudl be awesome as we can make the entire ui match ther graphical content.

Trevor

Quote from: Tragic on April 14, 2013, 06:54:28 PM
Quote from: Trevor on March 27, 2013, 04:09:51 PM

Can you confirm this please with exactly how to do it. I have tried -1 and 0 and it seams to update everytime... imo.. allowing plugin makers to set a default colours woudl be awesome as we can make the entire ui match ther graphical content.
Oh, sorry about that. It looks like I had this disabled. It will be working in the new version which I will post tomorrow.
And it's 0.