News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Creating Pack Definitions

Started by remyegusku, March 28, 2013, 02:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

remyegusku

Hello,

I'm trying to develop some pack definitions for the Dune CCG.  What I have determined regarding the real world packs is that they contain cards which are not entirely randomly packaged.  A booster from the Eye of the Storm set, for example, contains 9 commons, 1 rare, and 5 uncommons.  The 9 commons and uncommons were each cut from 100 card sheets on which they were in a specific order, and that order was preserved upon their packaging.

So what I'm trying to figure out is how to simulate this within Lackey's pack definitions, if possible.  For example, if you open a "pack" in Lackey, and it randomly determines that the first card in that pack is "A", I want the next eight cards to be "B," "C," "D," "E," "F," "G," "H," and "I."  Is this possible?

Trevor

You could do this with a multiple <chance> entries.

remyegusku

Thanks Trevor.  I think I can see how that would work, but now I'm wondering if there's a way to make it more complex.  In the aforementioned Eye of the Storm booster, you would have the commons, the rare, and the uncommons all cut from different 100 card sheets.  So now you're dealing with three variables:  a nine-card run cut from a 100 card list, one "rare" from a pool of a different 100 card list, and a 5 card run from yet another 100 card list.

There's probably not any way to pocket <chance> entries inside other <chance> entries, is there?