New version of Lackey soon to be official. Please test it!

Started by Trevor, April 21, 2013, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Quote from: Alastair on June 01, 2013, 01:32:50 PM
Trevor's looking for somebody who does not need to use the proxy to do the test.
Right. In other words, if you dont use the server and just have someone directly connect to your IP when you host, if they CAN connect, it means you don't need to use the proxy server to host when you are connected to the server.

Shockpulse

I'm always willing to help! After testing (found under "Host Game" for those stumped like I was for a while), I had to allow my Windows Firewall to let it through. Then:
"Test Result: You cannot host games without the proxy server."
"The proxy need test completed and you need to use the proxy server to host with your current network settings."

When I checked it to "Override", when I tried to click "Host Game" nothing happened, not even closing the window.

Kike

Hi,
I did some tests yesterday with Lackey and just register to post the results here.

Thanks for this great tool!

Tests: 06.03.2013
My OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits SP 1
My HW: Asus Laptop, German keyboard
LackeyCCG Build date 05.28.2013

Downloaded and extracted without issues. Extracted in D:\, LackeyCCG open by double-click over LackeyCCG.exe

Test 1) Host games without proxy
Test execution:
1. Open LackeyCCG
2. Connect to server
3. Allow connections over firewall
4. Check the answer to the action "Test if you can host without proxy"

Testresult:
Testrun 1:
Issue: cannot connect to default Server
Solution: Use "advanced server settings" to change the server IP Address (71.190.135.203). Then, it worked

Testrun 2:
Issue: "Test if you can host without proxy". After running the test with the result that "no possible to host games without proxy", the option to run the test again is disabled. Closing the dialog and changing to other tabs does not bring anything; I cannot run the test again
Solution: Close LackeyCCG and open it again.

Testrun 3:
Issue: Still, cannot host games without proxy.
Action: Change my router configuration and activate port-forwarding for TCP Protocol and port 25710, to my computer IP and port number 25710
Result: No success

Testrun 4:
Action: Same for Protocol UDP
Result: It worked! Now, I could host games without proxy

Test 2) Old version of LackeyCCG did not handle correctly input from a german keyboard. Check it with the new Lackey
Test execution:
1. Open LackeyCCG
2. Set the cursor in an input control (edit box)
3. Type all keyboard keys: without modifier, with "shift" pressed and with "Alt Gr" pressed

Testrun:
ASCII-128 Alphanumerical Letters are handled correctly (german keyboard is NOT qwerty)
Issue: Many other keys do not work correctly.
Symptoms:
- Letters with "umlauts" (?, ? and ?) appear as white-spaces
- The symbols in the number keys are wrong. They should be:

Number row: ^ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 ? ?
With shift: ? ! " ? $ % & / ( ) = ? `
With altgr:   ? ?         { [ ] } \

And they are:
Number row: ^ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0   
With shift: ^ ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( )
With altgr:

Additional "shift" combinations that do not work (show other keys)
key      should   is
#+shift   '      #
<+shift   >      <

Additional altgr chars that do not work (show a white spaces):
Key   altgr
q     @
e     ?
m     ?
<     |

Issue: Copy - Paste does not work
Symptoms:
- Select a text and press Crtl-C -> Text is NOT copied in the clipboard
- Select a text and press Ctrl-Insr -> Text is NOT copied in the clipboard

Tigt

Hey Trevor, just letting you know I forums PM'd you his skype info. (I dunno if you saw it, should I email you instead?)

Nava

I tried the Windows version 05-28-13 with different plugins. I can install plugins without any problems but as soon as I try to load one of my installed plugins Lackey crashes (different versions of the startek1e, startrek2e and tribbles plugins with different encodings just to be sure).

Is there anything plugin builders should consider to get their plugins working again?

Trevor

Quote from: Nava on June 12, 2013, 06:14:22 AM
I tried the Windows version 05-28-13 with different plugins. I can install plugins without any problems but as soon as I try to load one of my installed plugins Lackey crashes (different versions of the startek1e, startrek2e and tribbles plugins with different encodings just to be sure).

Is there anything plugin builders should consider to get their plugins working again?
Give me the autoupdate URL you are using that causes the crash and I will investigate. When does it crash exactly?

Nava

Quote from: Trevor on June 12, 2013, 07:14:44 AM

Give me the autoupdate URL you are using that causes the crash and I will investigate. When does it crash exactly?

http://lackeyccg-startrek2e.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/startrek2e/updatelist.txt;

I can install the plugin without any problems but whenever I call the plugin lackey crashes (but does write the plugin as PLUGINNAME0 in Preferences.txt so that Lackey will crash from that point onwards whenever it starts until that reference is deleted).
Perhaps the plugin does contain some outdated files or some files in unsupported places that were tolerated by the old versions but causes the new one to crash.

Trevor

Quote from: Nava on June 12, 2013, 07:50:20 AM
Quote from: Trevor on June 12, 2013, 07:14:44 AM

What do you mean "call" the lackey program? You mean launch it while your plugin is loaded? How exactly are you loading the plugin to get it to crash? Does it crash every time?
I haven't been able to get it to crash with your plugin.

http://lackeyccg-startrek2e.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/startrek2e/updatelist.txt;

I can install the plugin without any problems but whenever I call the plugin lackey crashes (but does write the plugin as PLUGINNAME0 in Preferences.txt so that Lackey will crash from that point onwards whenever it starts until that reference is deleted).
Perhaps the plugin does contain some outdated files or some files in unsupported places that were tolerated by the old versions but causes the new one to crash.

Nava

Quote from: Trevor on June 14, 2013, 11:06:30 AM
[What do you mean "call" the lackey program? You mean launch it while your plugin is loaded? How exactly are you loading the plugin to get it to crash? Does it crash every time?
I haven't been able to get it to crash with your plugin.

I can replicate it very easily:

• Clean install of Lackey on a Windows XP system or a Windows 7 system (either 32 or 64bit).
  • I can start then Lackey without any problems.
  • After that enter necessary information (like name ea.) Go to Preferences - Plugins, enter the autoupdate address to install any of those three plugins. Wait until installation has concluded.
  • Then select the newly installed plugin (using "Browse installed plugins to load one" either after restart of Lackey or immediately) -> Lackey crashes
  • Open Lackey again -> Lackey crashes each time until I delete the Preferences.

Minzd

Connecting to the server the way you instructed in the original post is not working.  The only message I get is there is an error connecting to the server.

Trevor

I'm making this the official version today.

I will be closely monitoring it and what I imagine will be many bug reports. Over the next few days, perhaps even weeks, I will try to fix all of those issues. Please bear with me during this hopefully short time.

Please post further bug reports in the new post: http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=2050.msg15448#msg15448