News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Magic plugin updated with Dragon's Maze

Started by Bort, April 24, 2013, 04:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bort

Dragon's Maze is added!

To handle the prerelease style of deck, add a guild pack of your choice from rtr or gatecrash, then pick one of the other guild packs according to this:

Azorius: Orzhov, Dimir, Boros, Simic
Orzhov: Azorius, Rakdos, Golgari, Selesnya
Dimir: Azorius, Izzet, Rakdos, Golgari
Izzet: Dimir, Gruul, Boros, Simic
Rakdos: Orzhov, Dimir, Gruul, Boros
Golgari: Orzhov, Dimir, Gruul, Simic
Gruul: Izzet, Rakdos, Golgari, Selesnya
Boros: Azorius, Izzet, Rakdos, Selesnya
Selesnya: Orzhov, Gruul, Boros, Simic
Simic: Azorius, Izzet, Golgari, Selesnya

For example, let's say you choose Rakdos as your guild. To determine who your secret ally guild is, roll a die. If you rolled a 3, after consulting that list, that means you would be paired up with Gruul (the third one listed in the Rakdos row). Note that you will need to remove the guild promo that is automatically included as part of the guild pack since you can't use those for the Dragon's Maze event, but they are still in the guild pack definitions.

Then add 4 Dragon's Maze boosters and begin making your deck.

I will try to automate all of that, but it's a little tricky; doable, but tricky.

As usual, the high quality scans aren't great yet. Those will be updated later.

Let me know if there are any mistakes.

AuraDragon

Cool!  Thanks for the update Bort!  8)
iCame

Jaffar64

Awesome!  Just so you know: I just created a pool and I have 13 guildgates... I'm reasonably sure that each Dragon's Maze pack has one guaranteed guildgate, but no more.  As in, guildgates do not take up a common-slot in the pack, they only take up the basic-land slot in Dragon's Maze packs.

Bort

Quote from: Jaffar64 on April 24, 2013, 10:09:37 PM
Awesome!  Just so you know: I just created a pool and I have 13 guildgates... I'm reasonably sure that each Dragon's Maze pack has one guaranteed guildgate, but no more.  As in, guildgates do not take up a common-slot in the pack, they only take up the basic-land slot in Dragon's Maze packs.
Thanks I fixed it so the common slot cannot contain a gate, and there is always a gate in the basic lands slot.

AuraDragon

Missed some text at the end of Hidden Strings' type: "Sorcery PT:"

Leviticus

Just updated the plugin and tried to do a sealed with a friend, noticed some mistakes; Wear // Tear is an uncommon but listed as a rare, and Beck // Call is a rare but listed as an uncommon. Those are the only mistakes I've noticed and I'm unsure if this a split card-only problem or if there are other cards showing the wrong rarity.

Shiztastic

I noticed that the Dragon's Maze boosters contain 16 cards rather than 15, as do the Guild packs(though I am not sure if these are meant to or not). Just wanted to let you know so we can do draft/sealed with the correct number of cards.

Thanks in advance for your efforts.  ;D

Bort

Quote from: Shiztastic on April 30, 2013, 12:42:50 AM
I noticed that the Dragon's Maze boosters contain 16 cards rather than 15, as do the Guild packs(though I am not sure if these are meant to or not). Just wanted to let you know so we can do draft/sealed with the correct number of cards.

I think a Dragon's Maze booster pack, unlike previous booster packs, come with a random guild gate instead of the basic land, and you can also only get a guild gate in that slot as opposed to in the common slot. With previous set's booster packs, the basic land was omitted from the pack in the plugin. The guild gate is not omitted in Dragon's Maze booster packs, so it will appear to have 1 more card (the guild gate) than previous sets. Correct me if that's not how things are in real life.

Shiztastic

Quote from: Bort on April 30, 2013, 03:54:13 PM
Quote from: Shiztastic on April 30, 2013, 12:42:50 AM

I think a Dragon's Maze booster pack, unlike previous booster packs, come with a random guild gate instead of the basic land, and you can also only get a guild gate in that slot as opposed to in the common slot. With previous set's booster packs, the basic land was omitted from the pack in the plugin. The guild gate is not omitted in Dragon's Maze booster packs, so it will appear to have 1 more card (the guild gate) than previous sets. Correct me if that's not how things are in real life.

It seems to me(while watching drafting videos of Magic the Gathering Online) that boosters count the land slot as one of the 15 cards. I had not even noticed before that the other boosters in LackeyCCG were omitting the basic land but still at 15 cards in each pack. With this being the case, it would seem that every booster in Lackey would need to have 1 card removed to mirror RL packs.

I have not purchased a booster in RL anytime recently so if for some reason MtGO is handled differently(which I doubt since it is used as a virtual representation of paper magic) feel free to correct me. I will put a link in below to the MtGO video I was watching and used as reference, as well as the Wikipedia page on booster packs which lists how many cards come in each pack.(I know wikipedia, blah blah, I see no reason for this particular info to be false.)

http://youtu.be/_AoKVQmYaVs?t=41s At this point he has just opened the first pack and you can see what it contains.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booster_pack

Bort

I looked at http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/article/Booster_pack and got a little confused. I'm not sure what sets come in what order.

If someone who knows more about packs could edit http://www.siegescg.com/magicthegathering/packs/packdefinitions1.xml and then post the fixed version, I could update the version online.

The format is pretty simple.
Quote<pack>
   <packtitle>Gatecrash Booster</packtitle>
   <packimage>gatecrash</packimage>
   <packformat>Standard</packformat>
   <packkind>Booster</packkind>
   <packcommoncrit><field>Set</field><eval>IS</eval><data>gatecrash</data></packcommoncrit>
   <chance>
      <prob>87</prob>
      <kind><qty>1</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>R</data></crit></kind>
      <kind><qty>3</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>U</data></crit></kind>
      <kind><qty>10</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>C</data></crit></kind>
   </chance>
   <chance>
      <prob>13</prob>
      <kind><qty>1</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>M</data></crit></kind>
      <kind><qty>3</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>U</data></crit></kind>
      <kind><qty>10</qty><crit><field>Rarity</field><eval>IS</eval><data>C</data></crit></kind>
   </chance>
</pack>
In the example above, the red 10 corresponds to the number of commons in the pack. (The first part is for the chance when there is a rare in the rare slot and the second part is for when there is a mythic rare in the rare slot.)

I decided to not include the basic land in the booster packs when they exist in an actual booster pack. The only time basic lands actually matter in a booster pack is when they are foil and thus replace a card in the common slot, but the magic plugin doesn't attempt to simulate foils, so the main difference with a lackey virtual pack and a real life pack is you will never have a foil basic land (or any basic land or any foil) in a pack to complicate the rarity distribution. There are no foils in lackey, so I think if I tried to include foil simulation in the packs, people would wonder why they might occassionally get 2 rares or 4 uncommons. Foils could be simulated in the plugin's pack definitions, but without different foil images, I think it would be more confusing than useful. Also, I don't know exactly what chance you have to get a foil in all of the various sets. For now, I think it's best to just ignore foils unless someone else wants to try to tackle that.