News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Struggling beginner

Started by ceresbane, May 06, 2013, 09:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceresbane

So I'm reading the tutorial on plug-ins.

Looking at gamezones, deckzones, general functions and card functions...

and I generally realised the following.

I know what these terms mean but have no idea how to use them.

I mean none of the functions point to how you can establish an energy/resource system. Or some sort of summoning function. Establishing values like health, damage, even energy and defining what they do and then defining how these things are read on the cards you make by the game.

How do I implement a card's meanings/values in such a way that it correlates to the rules I make on the plug-in/game?

And I can't seem to find some way I can establish the roles of gamezones.

Like a graveyard or a battlefield, energy zone, a hand, etc and define them as such within a ruleset.

There's all these nifty actions and phases and stuff that are in card games... but I can't seem to work out how to define rules for them.

Okay I can draw a card, but where do I define the context of which one has a reason to draw that card, and just as importantly... not draw a card?

Trevor

I'm not sure if you're looking for helping designing a card game, or making a plugin for a game.

ceresbane

well I have a design for the game, I just don't know how to implement the rules and cards within a plug in.

I just can't seem to fathom how all the pieces I see on that tutorial come together to make a comprehensively customised CCG. By the supposed full list of function, it seems I can only do so much.

But that can't be right because I've seen magic the gathering and other fairly complex games on here.

So how do I implement the rules within the plug in and give those functions context and meaning?

Trevor

Lackey is a table top simulator and it doesn't do rules forcing, just like real life cards don't do rules forcing. You can do anything you can on a table top. The tutorial should explain any questions you have. If you find there is something you don't understand after reading the tutorial, ask it here.