News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

How to get deck onto table?

Started by MikeTheRed, May 17, 2013, 05:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeTheRed

I'm creating a plugin but can't figure out how to get a deck to show on the board.

It seems like I have to "play" a card to get it to show on the table.

Is there a way to have face-down deck piles in the table area?

Trevor

Quote from: MikeTheRed on May 17, 2013, 05:24:34 PM
I'm creating a plugin but can't figure out how to get a deck to show on the board.

It seems like I have to "play" a card to get it to show on the table.

Is there a way to have face-down deck piles in the table area?
You play a card to table by dragging it to the table, just like you would do with a real card.

As far as "piles" of cards on the table, those are done with zones. You can think of zones as "on the table" or not. That's just a mental abstraction. Everything with real life cards is on the table, except your hand perhaps. But if you want something like a proper pile with mechanisms for card order and shuffling and similar functions, that's implemented as a pile.

MikeTheRed

Yeah I was looking to get an actual pile of cards to graphically show on the table, like in a designated spot on a game board. So instead of drawing from the gamezone, you could just click the pile on the board.

Is there really a "pile" function in Lackey? I didn't see that in any of the tutorials I read so far.

Trevor

Piles are implemented as zones in Lackey. They are present in the form of the game zone viewers. If you want to think of those as "on the table", that is a valid mental abstraction. But to see them next to the loose cards on the table, that would serve no functional purpose. It may look more like what is done with a physical table, but there's no actual use to just showing a stack of cards there. A pile of cards is done with a zone. The pile functions I was referring to can be accessed by, among other ways, right-clicking the corresponding zone tab.