Change card order in deck without revealing them

Started by Cytrus, May 24, 2013, 03:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cytrus

I've been working on a plugin for a card game with effects like: "look at the top 5 cards of your deck and rearrange them in any order". Looking at the cards can be carried out easily with the options available. However, changing the order of the cards results in the program announcing the card names of the cards moved in the log line, which provides the opponent with information he should not be given and makes hiding the cards from one of the players moot. Is there a way to move cards within a deck without their names appearing in the log line?

Thank you for your hard work on developing Lackey so far!

Trevor

With the new version, double click the deck tab and select "Reveal to owner top X cards". This should make only you see the cards, and they names of the cards should only be visible in YOUR log, not theres. They will see you moving cards, but not what those cards are named.

Cytrus

Thank you. If the card names don't show up in the opponent's log, there's no problem.

I have one more question, if I may. Is there any way to change the position of the card text box? It would be much more convenient for the players of the game if the card text box, when toggled on, covered the bottom and not the top of the card.

Trevor

Quote from: Cytrus on May 25, 2013, 06:42:15 AM
Thank you. If the card names don't show up in the opponent's log, there's no problem.

I have one more question, if I may. Is there any way to change the position of the card text box? It would be much more convenient for the players of the game if the card text box, when toggled on, covered the bottom and not the top of the card.
No. The issue is that the size of the text box varies from card to card, so it needs to expand from the top down. If it expanded from the bottom up, you could run out of space.
I suggest you just use the pop up text box instead.