News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

VS System Plugin Update

Started by Checkbox, May 29, 2013, 03:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Checkbox

Hello, I've just found your wonderful program and can't wait to start using it! I used MWS and OCTGN previously, but this has features both of those lacked, so I'm really excited to start using it.

The main TCG I will be using with it is VS System. The plugin isn't up to date with all the sets (the game is dead, the number of sets is fixed at this point), and I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to walk me through how to update the plugin? I'd also like to change various other things (for example, when I opened a pack of Marvel Origins, it gave me 1 rare, 4 uncommons and 10 commons rather than 1 rare, 3 uncommons and 11 commons, like it should be).

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Alastair

I haven't bothered updating the VS plugin. There just wasn't enough interest in it, like several other plugins that have fallen by the wayside, to warrant the time it takes to keep updating one. You can look at the files of the existing plugin, how to make the changes should be fairly obvious.

Checkbox

How do I make the updated plugin available to everyone using Lackey (namely, my friends whom I get to download so we can play VS)?

Alastair

Have the files and images hosted somewhere that they're publicly accessible, then contact Trevor to update the listing in the plugin finder. If you do end up taking the plugin over, which is fine with me, I'll pull my version down so there's no confusion between the two.

Ajezla

I would love to see an update of the VS. System. I would also love to UFS grace Lackey sometime in the near future. I'm working on a UFS plugin, but the going is slow (there's like what, 20 some sets for the game, each about 100-130 cards?). I've got most of the promos done and stole all the images from OCTGN before their new version came out.

Getting back to VS though, there is still a rather big following for the game. Its just that the majority of ppl on Lackey would rather play MTG. Although I'm seeing quite a few other games being played more often lately. As far as making a plugin available to others, you need to be able to host it, and get Trevor or one of the other admins like Alastair, to add/replace the plugin in the update list. Hosting usually revolves around using an upload site of some kind. There are other ways of hosting though I am sure.

EDIT: Alastair already replied xD I was typing this as he was typing his xD Oh well, I'm still gonna post anyway xD

Checkbox

Will Google Drive work? If I make the files public?

Checkbox

The files I've been using are here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5LDobEA8rE6THpDQ2lqMy14a0U&usp=sharing

The current plugin actually has all of the card images, so there's no update necessary there. Actually, if anyone here has access to the current plugin, you could just update it with these files and keep it in its current place.

Johnny Blaze

i want to learn VS, but never see anyone Lackey playing..

Checkbox

Who do I talk to about just updating particular files on the current plugin? If we have access to that, there's no need for a large-scale update.