News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

New LackeyCCG Version now the official version!

Started by Trevor, June 25, 2013, 11:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

I'm making the new version the official version today.

I will be closely monitoring it and what I imagine will be many bug reports. Over the next few days, perhaps even weeks, I will try to fix all of those issues. Please bear with me during this hopefully short time.

This new version is not compatible with the old version. At present, the windows LackeyCCG Updater.exe is not working. Alternative to the LackeyCCG Updater.exe, you can also update to the new version in the following way:

Download the latest version from http://lackeyccg.com/downloads.html and unzip it and put it where you want it. YOU CANNOT JUST TAKE THE EXECUTABLE AND PUT IT INTO YOUR OLD LACKEY FOLDER. To install your plugins (including your decks) into this new version, move your plugins folder from your old lackey folder and replace the plugins folder in this new version.

I'll be posting updates to this thread as new things come up, and update this first post with relevant info. I am making this post a sticky in the Beta Tester section of the forum (http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?board=3.0). Please post bugs as you find them, but before you do, I request that you take a quick look and see that the same bug wasn't already posted here already.

EDIT: 6/27/13
I am currently improving the pluginfinder interface to make it more intuitive. Until I'm done, you need to use the "Install or Update from URL!" button. To find an autoupdate URL, you can either check the plugins section of the forum, or a google search for it will also find it.

EDIT: 7/1/13
I fixed some of the bugs mentioned in this thread and the LackeyCCG Updater.exe is now working.

EDIT: 7/12/13
Posted a new version today with several of the preference related bugs fixed.

EDIT: 7/19/13
Posted a new version today with bugs that caused crashes. New scripting system implemented see: http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=2134.0

EDIT: 7/27/13
Added skype integration. Fixed some bugs that people reported. Added /help and /tutorial command that open up tutorial information if the plugin maker supplies it. http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=2157.0

EDIT: 9/15/13
Added scrollbars to several areas, including the section that displays seats.
Added the ability to hide full size images popping out on mouse over.
Players you ignore can no longer join games you make.
If the bindings preferences has the Canned messages section on the bottom left, previews of the canned messages are displayed.

EDIT: 9/20/13
I fixed some of the bugs people reported and cleaned up the interface, especially the deck editor.

EDIT: 9/24/13
I fixed some of the bugs and cleaned up some memory usage.

EDIT: 9/25/13
Fixed some crashes. When drawing an arrow from a card on the table, hold shift key and you will see a shadow of that card on the arrow.

EDIT: 10/02/13
I fixed a number of the bugs and lackey should now use less memory and hopefully be faster.
Some plugin makers requested that I make plugin names of plugins people are running only visible to people who have those plugins installed. So if you don't have a plugin that someone else has, you will see that person's plugin listed as "(uninstalled plugin)". This is to better help people develop private plugins and use the server.
EDIT: I fixed a bug regarding the "(uninstalled plugin)" change that affected windows users. If you DLed prior to 10/2 7AM EST, you need to re-download.

EDIT: 10/5/13
I fixed some bugs relating to multiple card backs and deck editor searching. Added a preference to have the deck editor search update on each keystroke or not, since some slower computers may prefer to have it off if they are using a very large plugin.

Change log (partially complete):
Scripting: http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=1801.0
New skinning options: http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/index.php?topic=2056.0

Sydnelson

Can you update the changelog? I want to know what is new.

Thanks for new version.

TRGC Impulsze

Can you allow for much larger Counter numbers to show on the cards.... 20 isnt large enough.  Thanks.

Hyrulianpanda

My friend is having an issue connecting to the server. He downloaded the new client and when he hits connect to game matching server it says "There was an error retrieving list from the server. Attempting to use local list... Found a server, but the address may be out of date."

Johnny Blaze

either im blind or something but im not seeing the plugin list in preferences, im not talking MY plugins im talki the old list of plugins we could mouse over and look for a game if we wanted to add it to our plugins, and im not seeing the buttons for medium , low, and high for plugin resolution..

voridor

Hi. Thank you for the new version, excellent work as usual.

I see that the card limit is still set to 1000, any chance you could increase it to 4000 as we discussed in private?

Keep up the good work and thank you again.

TriOpticon

Quote from: Johnny Blaze on June 26, 2013, 01:57:09 AM
either im blind or something but im not seeing the plugin list in preferences, im not talking MY plugins im talki the old list of plugins we could mouse over and look for a game if we wanted to add it to our plugins, and im not seeing the buttons for medium , low, and high for plugin resolution..
I must be blind, also.  There is no longer a plugin finder.  Just browse the installed ones or load a recent one.

shinichi11

i think the "start.txt" files are not longer recognized...??

update: ok i just checked the "official" chess and stratego plugins and i can now confirm that the neither of the initial game setups work. the program states that it has loaded a new game but nothing happens.

i hope this can be fixed easily, the plugin i am working on at the moment heavily relies on the start.txt file..

Trevor

Quote from: Sydnelson on June 26, 2013, 12:33:31 AM
Can you update the changelog? I want to know what is new.
I will soon.

Quote from: TRGC Impulsze on June 26, 2013, 01:02:33 AM
Can you allow for much larger Counter numbers to show on the cards.... 20 isnt large enough.
I'm reworking how card counters display. But if I recall correctly, even now there is no limit as to how many you can have on a card.

Quote from: Hyrulianpanda on June 26, 2013, 01:22:16 AM
My friend is having an issue connecting to the server. He downloaded the new client and when he hits connect to game matching server it says "There was an error retrieving list from the server. Attempting to use local list... Found a server, but the address may be out of date."
This sounds like he didn't have the new version. If he checks to see he has the latest version (from 6/26/13 as of this writing), and it still doesn't work, please have him contact me so I can troubleshoot. It also might be that the website was down for a few minutes when he checked. The server info is taken from the website.

Quote from: Johnny Blaze on June 26, 2013, 01:57:09 AM
I should have mentioned this, and I will update my first post. I am currently improving the pluginfinder interface to make it more intuitive. Until I'm done, you need to use the "Install or Update from URL!" button. To find an autoupdate URL, you can either check the plugins section of the forum, or a google search for it will also find it.

Quote from: voridor on June 26, 2013, 03:39:38 AMI see that the card limit is still set to 1000, any chance you could increase it to 4000 as we discussed in private?
I just updated this and the new limit is now 3000, which is still probably 10 times more than people will ever likely use. 3000 good enough for your needs?

Quote from: shinichi11 on June 26, 2013, 11:49:56 AM
i think the "start.txt" files are not longer recognized...??

update: ok i just checked the "official" chess and stratego plugins and i can now confirm that the neither of the initial game setups work. the program states that it has loaded a new game but nothing happens.

i hope this can be fixed easily, the plugin i am working on at the moment heavily relies on the start.txt file..
I just checked the chess plugin and it works. Remember, it doesn't do anything until you select "New Game" from the main menu.

Spev333

Hey Sorry I'm awful with computers and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I have a mac, and played lackey a lot until just recently when the newer version came out.  Ive tried downloading it, but then when I try to run it, a message pops up that says the program "quit unexpectedly."  What am I doing wrong?

shinichi11

QuoteI just checked the chess plugin and it works. Remember, it doesn't do anything until you select "New Game" from the main menu.

thanks for checking it! i am using lackey on a mac and i can ensure you that the start.txt files are not working when selecting "new game"!

could someone on a mac check it and post the result here?

Trevor

Quote from: shinichi11 on June 28, 2013, 05:17:25 AM
QuoteI just checked the chess plugin and it works. Remember, it doesn't do anything until you select "New Game" from the main menu.

thanks for checking it! i am using lackey on a mac and i can ensure you that the start.txt files are not working when selecting "new game"!

could someone on a mac check it and post the result here?
I tested on both a Mac and windows and it worked fine. IM me and I can troubleshoot with you.

Trevor

Quote from: Spev333 on June 28, 2013, 02:06:09 AM
Hey Sorry I'm awful with computers and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I have a mac, and played lackey a lot until just recently when the newer version came out.  Ive tried downloading it, but then when I try to run it, a message pops up that says the program "quit unexpectedly."  What am I doing wrong?
send me your OS version and IM information in a PM and I will troubleshoot it with you.

magekirbys

I'm having issues with card images popping out of their borders whenever they're either selected in anyway while using the deck editor or in game.

Also what happened to the ? , ~ and U buttons that used to display the text box for cards? Currently only \ works and it took me a while to find that button.

Trevor

Quote from: magekirbys on June 29, 2013, 02:27:54 PM
I'm having issues with card images popping out of their borders whenever they're either selected in anyway while using the deck editor or in game.

Also what happened to the ? , ~ and U buttons that used to display the text box for cards? Currently only \ works and it took me a while to find that button.
the pop up is working as intended. If the large image is too large it may mean you are using a version of the plugin that is to big.

If you have a qwerty keyboard, the pop up text should be the tilda key still. Not 100% sure about nonqwerty. I suppose I could let people define the key they want to use for that.