News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

New LackeyCCG Version now the official version!

Started by Trevor, June 25, 2013, 11:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IcarusAdam

Quote from: Trevor on September 20, 2013, 01:43:55 AM
Posted a new version today. I fixed some of the bugs people reported and cleaned up the interface, especially the deck editor.

I just downloaded the Mac version, but for some reason, NONE of my cards will load into the Deck Editor in ANY of my plug-ins. Not even in the default war3000 plugin.

Chrislombardi

Hey! im having some trouble with the new version (09-20-13) in mac, specifically with both the yu-gi-oh and pokemon plugins, i can't see the cards in the deck editor, aparently it doesn't load them, even if i update the plugin several times. Magic and other plugins work fine, but those 2 i can't play. I tried with the windows version in another machine and it worked fine with all the plugins, so i guess it's a mac version issue, i would appreciate your help.  :D

Thanks so much

Trevor

Quote from: IcarusAdam on September 21, 2013, 01:10:33 AM
Quote from: Trevor on September 20, 2013, 01:43:55 AM
Posted a new version today. I fixed some of the bugs people reported and cleaned up the interface, especially the deck editor.

I just downloaded the Mac version, but for some reason, NONE of my cards will load into the Deck Editor in ANY of my plug-ins. Not even in the default war3000 plugin.
I uploaded the wrong mac version. The one online now should work.

Trevor

New version out today with some bug fixes and better memory clean up.

Trevor

New version out today that fixes some crashes. When drawing an arrow from a card on the table, hold shift key and you will see a shadow of that card on the arrow.

Trevor

I fixed a number of the bugs and lackey should now use less memory and hopefully be faster.

Some plugin makers requested that I make plugin names of plugins people are running only visible to people who have those plugins installed. So if you don't have a plugin that someone else has, you will see that person's plugin listed as "(uninstalled plugin)". This is to better help people develop private plugins and use the server.

Kharn the Betrayer

For some reason the search filters for 'contains' and 'doesn't contain' seem to be acting like 'is' and 'is not'. For example if you search under type for contains elf, 0 results will be found because no card has a type of 'elf', however if you search for contains cr it will give you all the creatures but not something with a type like artifact creature - crab. These are MtG examples, but this isn't just an MtG plugin issue, I tried the same with the cthulhu plugin and it has the same problem.

Nomenclature

So, I just installed the newest version of Lackey (loving the new UI, by the way), and I can't seem to find where I can download all missing card images for my plugins. I'm confident that I'm just a blind old fool, but some assistance on the matter would be appreciated.

Nomenclature

Yeah, nevermind. I just figured it out. As it turns out, I just didn't pay enough attention to the Preferences. Disregard last post.

VacantShadeGames

I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but counter images don't scale with the card after they have been placed.

For example, if you have a card (100%) and then place a counter on it, the counter will be to scale with your card (15 - 25%). However, if you then change the card's scale (say to 200%), the counter will remain the same size. It will not "update" it's scale with the card.

I'm using the Windows build 10-19-13.

Trevor

Quote from: VacantShadeGames on November 17, 2013, 07:07:47 PM
I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but counter images don't scale with the card after they have been placed.

For example, if you have a card (100%) and then place a counter on it, the counter will be to scale with your card (15 - 25%). However, if you then change the card's scale (say to 200%), the counter will remain the same size. It will not "update" it's scale with the card.

I'm using the Windows build 10-19-13.
I just fixed the black counter issue and the scale issue.

VacantShadeGames

Quote from: Trevor on November 20, 2013, 06:51:18 PM
I just fixed the black counter issue and the scale issue.

Awesome! I'm looking forward to the release of the update.

carapippino

Quote from: Trevor on October 02, 2013, 12:58:57 AM
I fixed a number of the bugs and lackey should now use less memory and hopefully be faster.

Some plugin makers requested that I make plugin names of plugins people are running only visible to people who have those plugins installed. So if you don't have a plugin that someone else has, you will see that person's plugin listed as "(uninstalled plugin)". This is to better help people develop private plugins and use the server.

i can understand the point of view of plugins developers (as i am for 3), but, if i'm a player of, lets' say, 15 games, i can't load everytime 15 plugins to see if someone is on the server with any of them loaded too, it is frustrating; all considering that the bigger part is taken by mgc players and if u ask in chat no one answers back

magekirbys

Quote from: carapippino on March 09, 2014, 04:47:21 AM
Quote from: Trevor on October 02, 2013, 12:58:57 AM

i can understand the point of view of plugins developers (as i am for 3), but, if i'm a player of, lets' say, 15 games, i can't load everytime 15 plugins to see if someone is on the server with any of them loaded too, it is frustrating; all considering that the bigger part is taken by mgc players and if u ask in chat no one answers back

This is the exact reason I stopped using lackey a while ago. It's swarmed with magic players and the whole silly plug in masking thing simply killed all of the community for non private games which aren't magic.
Especially with it's new iteration, i mean put your self in a new player's shoes. You can't even download plugins anymore as conveniently as before so that's just a needless barrier that prevents them from trying it.
When you join the lobby everything is obscured by this 'uninstalled plugin' making it seem more unwelcoming than it was before and the chat is mostly silent so good luck getting any help unless you're one of the few who know how to or have bothered looking at the forums.

I ended up in their shoes a while back since I got a new laptop and had to re-install everything for the millionth time and I have to say it's very off putting and as I see it you've essentially cut out any new players who don't play magic from joining just to please a few plugin creators.
If someone doesn't want people to join their games/plugins we already had systems in place such as passworded rooms and muting ones who bother us but I don't see why a new plugin creator would want to bar people from joining and keep it's community small (besides wanting to play with friends).

carapippino