Using TRANSFERCARD to shift cards from hand

Started by RayOfSpeed, June 29, 2013, 06:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayOfSpeed

Is this doable? I've been trying to get a function going that will move a random card from the player's hand facedown to another gamezone and Lackey doesn't seem to want to notice the function.

<generalfunction>
<label>Bind</label>
<kind>TRANSFERCARD</kind>
<sourceowner>performer</sourceowner>
<sourcegamezone>Hand</sourcegamezone>
<sourceposition>random</sourceposition>
<destinationowner>performer</destinationowner>
<destinationgamezone>Bind Zone</destinationgamezone>
<destinationposition>facedown</destinationposition>
<includeasbutton>yes</includeasbutton>
</generalfunction>

Trevor

Facedown isn't a position. If you want the destination zone to be "face down", conceal the zone to the players that can't see it. Individual cards in revealed zones can only be turned face down to facilitate them being dragged to the table facedown. (There are many ways to move a card to the table facedown.)

I don't know of any cards that send a facedown card to a revealed zone. You could also send them to a different zone that IS concealed.

RayOfSpeed

Yu-Gi-Oh and Vanguard, presently the most popular TCGs in the world (YGO overtook Magic several years ago and Vanguard has been knocking on YGO's door for some time) both have provision for sending cards facedown to a zone that is normally revealed (cards banished f/d in YGO remain f/d), and in Vanguard in particular, while the Bind Zone is normally public information, cards sent from the player's hand or the top of their deck to the Bind Zone are sent there f/d and can't be confirmed.

Well, I suppose you can work around it by doing hand -> reveal all to none and shuffle -> move any card, although that's fairly inelegant. Oh well.