News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Survey: What game do you want play?

Started by Wisp, July 27, 2013, 03:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisp

So, I'd like to do a quick survey about what game you'd like too see made. What would you really like to play? I'll ask some specific questions, but add anything that that you can think of if I haven't mentioned it.

1. Gameplay/interaction style
A) A war based game: you're controlling armies and manoeuvring them strategically. Battles reflect the feel of large scale combat.
B) An espionage game about individual characters interactions with your opponent and their characters. You send your people on 1 person missions.
C) An avatar that directly represents you. The only character/personality is you, and your cards represent the things you do directly; attacks you throw and manoeuvres you make.
D) A non-combat themed game.

2. Setting
What settings seem appealing to you guys?

Ziadross

Question 1:
Too be honest, each type of game seems appealing to me. I'm in the process of developing quite a few systems with a couple lining up with the styles you've outlined here. If I had to choose just one, I'd pick C. An avatar based game with solid but simple mechanics is something I've wanted to play for a long time. B was an extremely close second. As soon as I read 'espionage' I became extremely excited over the possibilities.

Question 2:
I've become so tired of the fantasy and space settings as of late. The ones that resonate with me most are things in the steampunk/cyberpunk era or something post-modern, though not apocalyptic. Game stores bleed fantasy/sci-fi games. I'd like to see something that tries to be original.

Dan55

Probably (b) - an espionage type game, but one set in a pulp style investigation setting.

Wisp

Thanks guys, really helpful information :)