News:

A forum for users of LackeyCCG

Main Menu

Can't Open Lackey

Started by Zack6695, July 15, 2013, 07:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zack6695

Wondering if this is happening to anyone else. I have been trying to open lackey but after i click run (using Windows) it 'loads' and never shows up in a window. I get the pointer turn into a loading wheel but then it just stops and doesn't open up the program.

Trevor

What OS version you using? And what version of lackey?
Have you tried deleting your preferences?

Zack6695

I don't know what OS is, it's the July 13th version of Lackey, and I have not tried deleting my preferences because I didn't know that you could. I'll give it a shot.

Trevor

Quote from: Zack6695 on July 15, 2013, 04:06:01 PM
I don't know what OS is, it's the July 13th version of Lackey, and I have not tried deleting my preferences because I didn't know that you could. I'll give it a shot.
os=operating system, like Mac 10.8.

You could also try a fresh download of lackey, saved to your desktop and then unzipped. With no modifications, the executable inside should run. If it does, it means some modification you made to the other one is the issue, and we can then track that down.

Zack6695

The new problem is that whenever i pick the magic plugin after i downloaded it via 'http://www.siegescg.com/magicthegathering/high/updatelist.txt'; the program crashes and says it's not responding.

EDIT: It works now. Sorry for the trouble

Trevor

Quote from: Zack6695 on July 15, 2013, 05:51:04 PM
The new problem is that whenever i pick the magic plugin after i downloaded it via 'http://www.siegescg.com/magicthegathering/high/updatelist.txt'; the program crashes and says it's not responding.

EDIT: It works now. Sorry for the trouble
What was the problem?

Zack6695

Unfortunately I don't know. I am sorry that I can't give you any information

linguo

This is happening to me on Mac Os X Version 10.7.4 with LackeyCCG Mac -> Build Date: 07/13/13. It opens a big empty window and the Mac Color Wheel spins. And that's it.

Trevor

Quote from: linguo on July 23, 2013, 12:26:14 AM
This is happening to me on Mac Os X Version 10.7.4 with LackeyCCG Mac -> Build Date: 07/13/13. It opens a big empty window and the Mac Color Wheel spins. And that's it.
Does this happen when you launch a freshly downloaded and unzipped lackey with nothing new added?

How long do you wait for it to launch?

dragynking1

I am also having a similar issue. I am using Windows XP Home Edition, and I download the .zip from the main site and extract it to desktop, and try to open the .exe having done no other changes or additions. It opens up an empty window (the "welcome to lackey" audio can still be heard) and it just hangs without doing anything for 10+ minutes.

It worked fine on my computer before, only now that I had to freshly redownload it is it giving me trouble.

Trevor

Quote from: dragynking1 on July 27, 2013, 02:53:57 AM
I am also having a similar issue. I am using Windows XP Home Edition, and I download the .zip from the main site and extract it to desktop, and try to open the .exe having done no other changes or additions. It opens up an empty window (the "welcome to lackey" audio can still be heard) and it just hangs without doing anything for 10+ minutes.

It worked fine on my computer before, only now that I had to freshly redownload it is it giving me trouble.
This is very likely due to you using an outdated driver or other piece of software. Update your OpenGL and other other libraries. As for specifically which library is giving you this problem, I'm not sure if there is a good way for you to check.